Thoughts on joystick mappings?

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Thoughts on joystick mappings?

Voyager
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Voyager » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:10 pm

So now that I think I've gotten the core functions working in XWAUP, the next step is to get everything mapped to the joystick, so I can fly HOTAS in VR.

I'm wondering how other people generally map their controls? Which controls do people find critical vs merely nice to have? Do people use voice controls for any of the wingman commands? I found VAIRIO very handy in DCS, but the wingman commands are not nearly as nuts as they are in that game. Still, could be handy to free up key presses, and potentially more intuitive.

What sort of things do you use?

Thank you,

Harry Voyager

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:22 pm

I just assign the buttons to the most useful commands.
Joystick Controls.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Det. Bullock
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Det. Bullock » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:57 am

XwingAlliance_01.JPG
XwingAlliance_02.JPG

Looking at it now using all three layers seems excessive and I should probably reduce it to two like I did with XvT and TF for the next time I play through the campaign.
Here the first "shift" on the throttle is the actual shift key on the keyboard which is why most of the other two layers remain unused (only the button 1 and 2 are actually mapped in-game which is why they are only marked with their default designation), the other "shift" on the pushable analog ministick on the throttle is for changing the layers while I use the horizontal axis of said ministick for roll.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:49 am

Voyager wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:10 pm
So now that I think I've gotten the core functions working in XWAUP, the next step is to get everything mapped to the joystick, so I can fly HOTAS in VR.

I'm wondering how other people generally map their controls? Which controls do people find critical vs merely nice to have? Do people use voice controls for any of the wingman commands? I found VAIRIO very handy in DCS, but the wingman commands are not nearly as nuts as they are in that game. Still, could be handy to free up key presses, and potentially more intuitive.

What sort of things do you use?

Thank you,

Harry Voyager
This highly depends on which HOTAS you are using. How many hat switches do you have, how many buttons can you easily reach in VR? From there on you can see what can be done.
I have an x52 Pro which has plenty of buttons that can be accessed easily. For me there are some crucial ones that I use all the time:
Target nearest enemy fighter (R)
Target craft in crosshair (Alt-3)
Switch weapons (W)
Cycle Firing Settings (X)
The next important batch is targeting. Here I have the following:
Target next enemy (F3) and previous Enemy (SHIFT-F3)
Target next warhead (I)
Target craft attacking my target (I)
Target next craft (T) and previous craft (Y)
Target next component (,)
Target newest craft (U)
Then I have some additional keys on the throttle:
Adjust Shield Settings (S)
Set turret to fire at current target (F)
Dock and Pick up (SHIFT-D and SHIFT-P)
SPACE (for jumping, entering hangar and confirming other selections)
Target next nav-buoy (N)
Countermeasures
Lastly I have three toggle switches that I unfortunately have to take my hand off the throttle to use. They are big and well placed though, so I can use them without looking. They are three in a row that toggle up and down:
Left:
Up: Adjust weapon charging (F9) Down: Transfer energy from shields to weapons (SHIFT-F10)
Middle:
Up: Adjust shield charging Down: Transfer energy from lasers to shields (SHIFT-F9)
Right:
Up: Preset #1 (F11) Down: Preset #2 (F12)

I find that with this I can handle pretty much everything. Though I do not use VR, so I do feel comfortable to use the keyboard for those outliers. For pure VR I think it would make sense to have one button be SHIFT so that you can free up all buttons that require a SHIFT+button key. You wont gain much, but depending on your setup it could be enough to make everything you need accessible. I don't use voice command, but I would say if you do want to go full VR you'll have to use that for the wingmen commands. While I rarely use them not being to use them at all would be a problem I think.
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

theonegalen
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by theonegalen » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:17 pm

My last config used the hat for targeting functions: nearest enemy, next / previous target, mission critical craft, nearest target attacking me. I usually have a virtual "mod" key that I can hold on my throttle to save and retrieve targets to/from memory. Weapon select and configuration on the joystick thumb buttons, ELS controls on the throttle thumb buttons, as well as match speed with target, shield fwd/back. A secondary trigger on the stick worked as a mod key that then caused the throttle buttons to send comms message when held.

Det. Bullock
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Det. Bullock » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:06 am

So, I've revised my mapping to do away with the three layers for a simpler shifted function because insomnia.
The mapping are written as "main function/shifted function".
Only button 1 (trigger) and 2 (thumbrest) are mapped in-game, the rest are mapped as keyboard commands so it's possible to use the pinky button on the throttle for button combination since it's mapped to the Shift and ALT keys, the ring finger button beside it activates a secondary function if present and allows while pressed to alternate between shift and alt on the pinky button (thus a few keys are technically repeated in shift function to allow use of both ALT and Shift for button combinations), the vertical axis of the ministick is to select the MFDs while the PoV hat can either be used to navigate them or as a PoV to look around the cockpit. In general I have assigned shifted functions to what I deemed either lower priority or just functions used in less frantic situations.
Of course it's still a work in progress but it can give you a better idea of what can be done.
XwingAlliance_01.JPG
XwingAlliance_02.JPG
Last edited by Det. Bullock on Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:52 am

Using my x52's, the Missile Fire button was setup as a macro to switch to warheads, "dumb" fire then return to lasers (I used Mode to determine what type of weapons were in the craft; L+W, L+I+W, L+W+W). This helped especially in XWA with capital ships and their ability to shoot down warheads.
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor v1.15.6
Current software WIPs: TIE Layout and Cutscene Editor, TIE/XvT Cockpit Editor
Libraries / Format specs: *.tie, *.plt, *.tfr, *.lfd , *.act, *.dat image files, *.fnt

Det. Bullock
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Det. Bullock » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:46 pm

JaggedFel wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:52 am
Using my x52's, the Missile Fire button was setup as a macro to switch to warheads, "dumb" fire then return to lasers (I used Mode to determine what type of weapons were in the craft; L+W, L+I+W, L+W+W). This helped especially in XWA with capital ships and their ability to shoot down warheads.
Doesn't that have issues?
IIRC missiles aren't considered really "dumbfired" unless the target you are aiming at is not on the CMD, I remember always either clearing the CMD or selecting a target not in sight to dumbfire.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:24 am

Det. Bullock wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:46 pm
IIRC missiles aren't considered really "dumbfired" unless the target you are aiming at is not on the CMD, I remember always either clearing the CMD or selecting a target not in sight to dumbfire.
In XWA, yes. I think you can get away with it in TIE/XvT. My target selection commands were on the stick's center hat so it was easy enough to flip Next Target, Fire Warheads and flip back to Previous Target in more or less a single motion.
Libraries / Format specs: *.tie, *.plt, *.tfr, *.lfd , *.act, *.dat image files, *.fnt

Det. Bullock
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Det. Bullock » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:55 am

JaggedFel wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:24 am
Det. Bullock wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:46 pm
In XWA, yes. I think you can get away with it in TIE/XvT. My target selection commands were on the stick's center hat so it was easy enough to flip Next Target, Fire Warheads and flip back to Previous Target in more or less a single motion.
I don't think it's necessary in XvT as long as you fire from outside turbo laser range (just so lasers directed at you don't impact on the warheads), but IIRC missiles can occasionally be a problem because some ships occasionally use them to intercept locked warheads.

I never used scripts for these things however, besides there's the issue with your script that the next target might be in sight and occasionally warheads will try to follow whatever is targeted rather than fly in a straight line even if they aren't locked.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:14 am

Det. Bullock wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:55 am
there's the issue with your script that the next target might be in sight and occasionally warheads will try to follow whatever is targeted rather than fly in a straight line even if they aren't locked.
Target selection wasn't in the script, that was manual so I could prevent situations like that. Macro only handled the weapons.

Det. Bullock
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Det. Bullock » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:23 am

JaggedFel wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:14 am
Det. Bullock wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:55 am
there's the issue with your script that the next target might be in sight and occasionally warheads will try to follow whatever is targeted rather than fly in a straight line even if they aren't locked.
Target selection wasn't in the script, that was manual so I could prevent situations like that. Macro only handled the weapons.
Ah, OK.
Tough I don't find such scripts necessary, I like switching weapons manually and usually only use simple macros for some button combinations that's difficult to do manually for a reason or another (like with keys in different layers that would otherwise conflict).
I did use a script to map functions to the throttle ministick in XvT (simple mapping is with no deadzone so I used scripting to add one so I don't activate anything by mistake, that thing is sensitive) and for a pseudo-throttle in early Wing Commander games though.
I should probably do the ministick script for XWA too, when I use the rudder sometimes I accidentally activate the functions on the vertical axis which can be annoying.

theonegalen
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by theonegalen » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:49 am

Waiting on a X56 throttle now. I'll probably use it alongside my old Logitech Attack 3 until I can upgrade to a VKB Space Combat grip. Going to try to use vjoy and joystick gremlin to get them to work together.

danyetman
Cadet 4th Class

Post by danyetman » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:03 pm

I'd be interested in a download of the XWA Joystick config for the x52 - I just got one, and I'm a little overwhelmed.

Forceflow

Post by Forceflow » Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:21 am

danyetman wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:03 pm
I'd be interested in a download of the XWA Joystick config for the x52 - I just got one, and I'm a little overwhelmed.
I can post mine tomorrow, ping me if I forget. (Unfortunately not on my PC today)

danyetman
Cadet 4th Class

Post by danyetman » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:17 am

Forceflow wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:21 am
danyetman wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:03 pm
I can post mine tomorrow, ping me if I forget. (Unfortunately not on my PC today)
I actually figured out that the best option is to setup the x52 in its own software and to delete the JoystickConfig file to prevent any overrides from happening.

I have noticed that there are many commands that are not called out in the Joystick.txt file, such as NumPad-5 to center the cockpit view, amongst others. It'd be nice to be able to add Keypresses that aren't explicitly called out. It took about two hours to set my x52 up in a way that I liked (though some of that was figuring out how the software did keypresses and macros). Still, I wouldn't mind seeing a JoystickConfig file.

Forceflow

Post by Forceflow » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:19 pm

Ah, I meant the x52 profile myself, did not use the joystick config since that wasn't available when I originally set up my x52. Plus you can add lot more functions when you use the x52's software

danyetman
Cadet 4th Class

Post by danyetman » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:28 am

Yeah, I thought that the XWA joystick mapping utility was going to be the way to go...until I realized how comparatively limited it was against the native Logitech app. Lesson learned.

danyetman
Cadet 4th Class

Post by danyetman » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:52 pm

Forceflow wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:19 pm
Ah, I meant the x52 profile myself, did not use the joystick config since that wasn't available when I originally set up my x52. Plus you can add lot more functions when you use the x52's software
Any chance you can upload that profile? I lost mine due to having to transition completely to a new computer, and the backup was two days older than the profile I made.

Forceflow

Post by Forceflow » Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:01 pm

danyetman wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:52 pm
Forceflow wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:19 pm
Any chance you can upload that profile? I lost mine due to having to transition completely to a new computer, and the backup was two days older than the profile I made.
sure thing, here it is:
X-Wing_Alliance_x52-Profile.zip
Be sure though that you disable the clutch mode in the MFD properties of the joystick. Otherwise my profile wont work (as I use the pinkie button for selecting closest enemy and the thumb button on the throttle as my 'shift' button for the secondary controls.

danyetman
Cadet 4th Class

Post by danyetman » Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:54 am

...Seems to be an empty profile?

Forceflow

Post by Forceflow » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:11 pm

danyetman wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:54 am
...Seems to be an empty profile?
sorry I missed your replay. What do you mean an empty profile? That's the one I am using currently.

I downloaded the file just to make sure and it does look complete:

Code: Select all

[profile='X-Wing Alliance' version=0x00000005
  [controllers
    [controller=1f732691-3bc6-41ec-a977-c5bf0b03a3dc group='Pro Flight'
      [member=75bb6cc8-fb40-4be1-bf2b-4b10397a98a8 name=X52Pro shortname=X52Pro]
      [controls
        [button=0x00090001 name=Trigger]
        [button=0x0009000F name='Second Trigger']
        [button=0x00090002 name=Launch]
        [button=0x00090003 name='Fire A']
        [button=0x00090004 name='Fire B']
        [button=0x00090005 name='Fire C']
        [button=0x00090006 name=Pinkie]
        [button=0x00090007 name='Fire D']
        [button=0x00090008 name='Fire E']
        [button=0x00090009 name='Toggle 1']
        [button=0x0009000A name='Toggle 2']
        [button=0x0009000B name='Toggle 3']
        [button=0x0009000C name='Toggle 4']
        [button=0x0009000D name='Toggle 5']
        [button=0x0009000E name='Toggle 6']
        [button=0x00090010 name='Mouse Fire']
        [button=0x00090013 name='Wheel Button']
        [button=0x00090011 name='Wheel Scroll Up']
        [button=0x00090012 name='Wheel Scroll Down']
        [button=0x0009001F name='Clutch Button']
        [slider name=Mode
          [button=0x0009001C name='Mode 1' latchable=false]
          [button=0x0009001D name='Mode 2' latchable=false]
          [button=0x0009001E name='Mode 3' latchable=false]]
        [hat=0x00010039 name='POV 1' way=5]
        [hat=0x00090014 name='POV 2' way=5]
        [hat=0x00090018 name='Throttle Hat' way=5]
        [axis=0x00010030 name='X Axis']
        [axis=0x00010031 name='Y Axis']
        [axis=0x00010032 name=Throttle]
        [axis=0x00010035 name=Twist]
        [axis=0x00010034 name='Rotary 1']
        [axis=0x00010033 name='Rotary 2']
        [axis=0x00010036 name='Precision Slide']
        [axis=0x00050024 name='Mouse X Axis']
        [axis=0x00050026 name='Mouse Y Axis']]
      [shifts
        [shift=b0b06a38-dfa0-4a06-8f58-a72db92b2457 name='Mode 1'
          [selectionset
            [buttoncombo
              [buttonhid=0x0009001C]]]
          [assignments
            [button=0x00090002 role=bands
              [bands
                [band=1 command=c70d00ef-5d5a-4aba-8cf1-69066b020398]]]
            [button=0x00090003 role=bands
              [bands
                [band=1 command=c8587a35-7122-4e56-b0d7-d5f73355fd28]]]
            [button=0x00090004 role=bands
              [bands
                [band=1 command=6cb292be-8950-41e7-9908-0ba7a4f6f0cf]]]
            [button=0x00090005 role=bands
              [bands
                [band=1 command=3e635007-025d-4d7b-a724-75bd2df1c56e]]]
            [button=0x00090006 role=bands
              [bands
                [band=1 command=2997e39e-5a35-4afc-a5cd-edd56626a8b2]]]
            [button=0x00090007 role=bands
              [bands
                [band=1 command=5916c476-9a94-4944-93ef-524000198ff4]]]
            [button=0x00090008 role=bands
              [bands
                [band=1 command=53659c57-c0a3-4701-a8a5-b3359db47486]]]
            [button=0x00090009 role=bands
              [bands
                [band=1 command=7601bc6c-b9e8-4ad1-b026-a73049df4a95]]]
            [button=0x0009000A role=bands
              [bands
                [band=1 command=ea6c6fb9-7291-4bff-a3a8-57a8887d07ad]]]
            [button=0x0009000B role=bands
              [bands
                [band=1 command=7f104e14-df65-413e-b4f8-cc6f5917f73c]]]
            [button=0x0009000C role=bands
              [bands
                [band=1 command=e141f61a-fb23-4c29-8d0e-6ac869d97a88]]]
            [button=0x0009000D role=bands
              [bands
                [band=1 command=e72365e0-229a-452d-9450-b0813e4ec66c]]]
            [button=0x0009000E role=bands
              [bands
                [band=1 command=b4c7cf26-1ab8-4195-a1c5-4376504d46c1]]]
            [button=0x00090010 role=bands
              [bands
                [band]
                [band=1 command=7dc57d1d-436a-4cbd-b00c-2a6020b67c65]]]
            [button=0x00090013 role=bands
              [bands
                [band]
                [band=1 command=d6d668ab-dc2b-4daf-af63-dfd98c234faa]]]
            [button=0x00090011 role=bands
              [bands
                [band]
                [band=1 command=fee538b8-6ba8-48ae-9a82-4c46bb3c1476]]]
            [button=0x00090012 role=bands
              [bands
                [band]
                [band=1 command=c84f0ec5-50bc-4f85-8a7c-818bd055255b]]]
            [hat=0x00010039 role=bands
              [bands
                [band=1 command=20394582-e555-4ddc-b8e4-7c62fc80832a]
                [band=3 command=e598ec1b-4ec3-4c7e-8a91-b6629c7f28b8]
                [band=5 command=7a3582ec-aed5-483d-b5b9-522eb8281709]
                [band=7 command=195c7957-1d87-44b1-a59d-3ebe52c2626f]]]
            [hat=0x00090014 role=bands
              [bands
                [band=1 command=12b03f56-37f6-45fd-ab4c-f754e9fc1e6c]
                [band=3 command=af5a4b82-66de-4004-abae-d40c79eeb490]
                [band=5 command=84c92cb2-b2b2-4380-a9c0-49b18e048fed]
                [band=7 command=80d592c9-bdc6-4142-9c79-01b3396ebb8f]]]
            [hat=0x00090018 role=bands
              [bands
                [band=1 command=cf7852bd-8a85-4ee9-b9d4-23c91599b366]
                [band=3 command=b4906802-84f7-405b-9aa3-12cdb29a875d]
                [band=5 command=1b4fb82e-b368-4cc9-8e35-639d81424413]
                [band=7 command=323e42e8-5760-4790-b164-101f5552e82c]]]
            [axis=0x00050024 role=mouse-x
              [mouse-x=15]]
            [axis=0x00050026 role=mouse-y
              [mouse-y=15]]]]
        [shift=d056b485-0877-477f-952b-0ba8be61cee7 fallback=b0b06a38-dfa0-4a06-8f58-a72db92b2457 name='Mode 1 + Pinkie'
          [assignments
            [button=0x00090003 role=bands
              [bands
                [band=1 command=81bcbfdf-4d1e-4a31-ad78-709906b5c3d2]]]
            [button=0x00090004 role=bands
              [bands
                [band=1 command=3c1019ed-38c3-4afa-b07c-da2d543bd98c]]]
            [button=0x00090005 role=bands
              [bands
                [band=1 command=6159f41a-3d90-47e5-a567-4897705dca81]]]
            [button=0x00090007 role=bands
              [bands
                [band=1 command=6159f41a-3d90-47e5-a567-4897705dca81]]]
            [button=0x00090009 role=bands
              [bands
                [band=1 command=c7fce267-e4bc-4708-823f-1dbe0e3bcd24]]]
            [button=0x0009000A role=bands
              [bands
                [band=1 command=8e4a5cec-4b05-42f5-a878-5d43c52193ff]]]
            [button=0x0009000B role=bands
              [bands
                [band=1 command=00cae461-d19b-4bc7-8eae-5fea63849fb5]]]
            [button=0x0009000C role=bands
              [bands
                [band=1 command=f593b47c-30ae-4f00-a7b1-4c5b1891bc10]]]
            [hat=0x00010039 role=bands
              [bands
                [band=1 command=d8f597e2-4564-4d5a-b30a-289f0593176f]
                [band=3 command=5d828e35-7103-4483-a6bf-1c00ecedd81c]
                [band=5 command=4f9f43d4-eab4-4058-8af3-00cdcfcf1978]
                [band=7 command=2fe66e41-2450-49ff-abfa-a796863ef400]]]
            [hat=0x00090014 role=bands
              [bands
                [band=1 command=327df17a-1c84-4e35-b340-578185f9da70]
                [band=3 command=27748500-c47c-48be-bde7-8695acfacc1c]
                [band=5 command=e4d8b11c-b03a-4b61-a164-5760cd62f2b5]
                [band=7 command=ae9ae964-eaab-4cea-b49d-5e72b9db284c]]]]
          [selectionset
            [buttoncombo
              [buttonhid=0x0009001F]
              [buttonhid=0x0009001C]]]]]]]
  [commands
    [actioncommand=c70d00ef-5d5a-4aba-8cf1-69066b020398 name='Switch Weapon'
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x0000001A page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=c8587a35-7122-4e56-b0d7-d5f73355fd28 name='Weapon Config'
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x0000001B page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=81bcbfdf-4d1e-4a31-ad78-709906b5c3d2 name=SLAM
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x0000000E page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=6cb292be-8950-41e7-9908-0ba7a4f6f0cf name='My Attacker'
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x00000008 page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=3e635007-025d-4d7b-a724-75bd2df1c56e name='Target in Sights'
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x000000E2 page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x0000001E page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=2997e39e-5a35-4afc-a5cd-edd56626a8b2 name='Nearest Enemy'
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x00000015 page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=af5a4b82-66de-4004-abae-d40c79eeb490 name='Next Enemy'
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x0000003C page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=27748500-c47c-48be-bde7-8695acfacc1c name='Next Target'
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x00000017 page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=80d592c9-bdc6-4142-9c79-01b3396ebb8f name='Previous Enemy'
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x000000E5 page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x0000003C page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=ae9ae964-eaab-4cea-b49d-5e72b9db284c name='Previous Target'
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x0000001C page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=12b03f56-37f6-45fd-ab4c-f754e9fc1e6c name='Nearest Warhead'
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x0000000C page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=327df17a-1c84-4e35-b340-578185f9da70 name='Nearest Objective'
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x00000012 page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=e4d8b11c-b03a-4b61-a164-5760cd62f2b5 name='Newest Ship'
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x00000018 page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=6159f41a-3d90-47e5-a567-4897705dca81 name='Nearest Buoy'
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x00000011 page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=53659c57-c0a3-4701-a8a5-b3359db47486 name=Confirm
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x0000002C page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=5916c476-9a94-4944-93ef-524000198ff4 name=Countermeassure
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x00000006 page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=1b4fb82e-b368-4cc9-8e35-639d81424413 name='Turret Control'
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x00000009 page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=84c92cb2-b2b2-4380-a9c0-49b18e048fed name='Targets Attacker'
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x00000004 page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=cf7852bd-8a85-4ee9-b9d4-23c91599b366 name=Turrets
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x0000000A page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=195c7957-1d87-44b1-a59d-3ebe52c2626f name='Weapons Recharge'
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x00000042 page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=e598ec1b-4ec3-4c7e-8a91-b6629c7f28b8 name='Shield Recharge'
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x00000043 page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=5d828e35-7103-4483-a6bf-1c00ecedd81c name='Power to Shields'
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x000000E1 page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x00000042 page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=2fe66e41-2450-49ff-abfa-a796863ef400 name='Power to Weapons'
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x00000043 page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=d8f597e2-4564-4d5a-b30a-289f0593176f name='Preset 1'
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x00000044 page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=4f9f43d4-eab4-4058-8af3-00cdcfcf1978 name='Preset 2'
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x00000045 page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=7601bc6c-b9e8-4ad1-b026-a73049df4a95 name='Store Target 1'
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x0000003E page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=ea6c6fb9-7291-4bff-a3a8-57a8887d07ad name='Recall Target 1'
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x0000003E page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=7f104e14-df65-413e-b4f8-cc6f5917f73c name='Store Target 2'
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x0000003F page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=e141f61a-fb23-4c29-8d0e-6ac869d97a88 name='Recall Target 2'
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x0000003F page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=e72365e0-229a-452d-9450-b0813e4ec66c name='Store Target 3'
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x00000040 page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=b4c7cf26-1ab8-4195-a1c5-4376504d46c1 name='Recall Target 3'
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x00000040 page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=7dc57d1d-436a-4cbd-b00c-2a6020b67c65 name='Left Mouse Button'
      [actionblock
        [action device=mouse usage=0x00000001 page=0x00000009 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=d6d668ab-dc2b-4daf-af63-dfd98c234faa name='Right Mouse Button'
      [actionblock
        [action device=mouse usage=0x00000002 page=0x00000009 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=fee538b8-6ba8-48ae-9a82-4c46bb3c1476 name='Scroll Up'
      [actionblock
        [action device=mouse usage=0x00000038 page=0x00000001 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=c84f0ec5-50bc-4f85-8a7c-818bd055255b name='Scroll Down'
      [actionblock
        [action device=mouse usage=0x00000038 page=0x00000001 value=0x000000FF]]]
    [actioncommand=20394582-e555-4ddc-b8e4-7c62fc80832a name='Next component'
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x00000036 page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=7a3582ec-aed5-483d-b5b9-522eb8281709 name='Previous Component'
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x00000036 page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=b4906802-84f7-405b-9aa3-12cdb29a875d name='Attack Target'
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x00000004 page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=323e42e8-5760-4790-b164-101f5552e82c name='Attack Attacker'
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x00000006 page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=c7fce267-e4bc-4708-823f-1dbe0e3bcd24 name='Pick Up'
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x00000013 page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=8e4a5cec-4b05-42f5-a878-5d43c52193ff name=Drop
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x00000015 page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=00cae461-d19b-4bc7-8eae-5fea63849fb5 name=Dock
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x00000007 page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=f593b47c-30ae-4f00-a7b1-4c5b1891bc10 name=Resupply
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x00000005 page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]
    [actioncommand=3c1019ed-38c3-4afa-b07c-da2d543bd98c name='Shield Config'
      [actionblock
        [action device=keyboard usage=0x00000016 page=0x00000007 value=0x00000001]]]]]

DraegDrwg
Recruit

Post by DraegDrwg » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:10 am

Sometimes I think it'd be useful to have some of the Squadrons style button mapping in XWA. Things like tapping the next target button twice to target the ship attacking you, or the shield button being single tap for shields back, double tap for shields forward and hold to equalise. It's nice to be able to access a lot of this stuff without reaching for the keyboard. I wonder if joystick gremlin macros could do it..