Which joystick?

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Re: Which joystick?

Garfunkel
Recruit

Post by Garfunkel » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:40 am

Hi guys, this project seems fantastic and I'm eager to get back to flying a TIE fighter again!

But I can't really justify buying a big joystick and throttle combo as much as I would want one, so have people any experience with gamepads? I could get one quickly and cheaply, so I was just curious if there are any recommendations or warnings about using them.

I tried the mouse emulation to see what the game looks like (TFTC-RegImagined) but both high and low sensitivity settings were impossible to fly, so I need to get at least a gamepad.

EDIT:

I couldn't wait so I went to a game shop and bought the cheapest gamepad available. I can't believe that for €12, it's working flawlessly. So to any future players Googling and finding this thread, don't worry, just buy whatever.

Lunamaria
Recruit

Post by Lunamaria » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:32 am

Hi I'm new with this mod and I've some trouble to bind controls with my G X56 Hotas
I don't know what button is what et can't switch between throttle and stick :(

some one has a solution for that ?????

Det. Bullock
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Det. Bullock » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:33 am

Lunamaria wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:32 am
Hi I'm new with this mod and I've some trouble to bind controls with my G X56 Hotas
I don't know what button is what et can't switch between throttle and stick :(

some one has a solution for that ?????
You mean you cannot assign the axes?
In the system controller tab you can see the ID each device got assigned, give the axes you want to use for the throttle the ID of the throttle (for how the axes are numbered you'll have to go trial and error).
With the buttons it's tricky but they usually follow Windows' numbering order that you can check in the control panel or with whatever logitech utility/software there is (of course there is the possibility the first button might be labeled 0 or 1 depending on what you use but the order should be the same even if the starting number is different).

Avarice1987
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Avarice1987 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:07 pm

Funny when I start now in the game I have a left turn, so the hunter turns by itself to the left in a circle, does anyone know what could be the reason?

Have XWA completely reinstalled

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:46 am

Avarice1987 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:07 pm
Funny when I start now in the game I have a left turn, so the hunter turns by itself to the left in a circle, does anyone know what could be the reason?

Have XWA completely reinstalled
Hey, you haven't assigned yaw to your throttle somehow?
1st Lt Sigurd "BattleDog" Stormhand, Assigned Corsair Squadron, Renegade Wing, CRS Vigilant.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.