I rewatched all original trilogy on full HD home theatre... And found that B-Wing do not a thing...

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

I rewatched all original trilogy on full HD home theatre... And found that B-Wing do not a thing...

capitanguinea
Galactic Empire

Post by capitanguinea » Mon May 31, 2021 10:34 am

Yesterday my little princess completed her sith training watching with me Episode VI on a grand scale home theatre (an experience I suggest to you all, because new hd blu ray box are gorgeous). And after all this years I noticed that B-Wings squadron do very little in the battle over Endor. Most of it was a Y-Wing, X-Wing, and A-Wing show. Can you cite me exactly what was Gold Squadron doing and how good it was at it?

DarHan
Rebel Alliance

Post by DarHan » Mon May 31, 2021 4:01 pm

Gold Squadron was Y-Wings, though. Their mission was to fly cover for the Falcon and to help it reach the reactor core.

The B-Wings at Endor were part of Gray, Blue, and Blade squadrons. What they did during the battle was mostly blowing up ISDs. Blade Squadron destroyed the Devastator.

(In XWA, Gray Squadron was also in charge of clearing the main passage out of the Death Star reactor.)
“Red Four, nothing’s gone wrong yet.”
— Hobbie Klivian

Rebelyell
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Rebelyell » Mon May 31, 2021 8:24 pm

There was supposed to be a sequence with b-wing attacking a star destroyer but was ultimately cut because filming the models was problematic due to the fact they have very little profile from the front or back leading to problems shooting against the blue screen

theonegalen
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by theonegalen » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:55 am

I have a poster of the B-Wings!

It's based on a deleted scene from ROTJ.

Well, deleted scene is the wrong term. I don't think ILM actually ever photographed the elements necessary for the scene as it was cut in the script or animatic stage.

Q
Ensign

Post by Q » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:45 am

I Thought I'd share this here for some additional context, it's not really "new" information. Here you can watch the actual scenes of some B-Wing pilots that were filmed for RotJ but eventually cut from the final film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=806P_lVgPM8
And here is the Star Wars Episode VI: B-Wing Fighter Model Featurette which explains how the B-Wing role in the film was drastically cut back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbsNi_ex24s
"I like work; it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours."