A little bit of xwa folklore Lando's cutted role

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

A little bit of xwa folklore Lando's cutted role

capitanguinea
Galactic Empire

Post by capitanguinea » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:58 pm

Recently on twitch the original storytellers of xwa revealed an aspect of xwa. In the origin the Dunari role in the campaign should have be gone to Lando Carlissian. We should have learn how much he earned his generalship, helping the Rebels rebuilding their forces after the losses at Hoth. He is the one who contacted the producer of mag pulse technology in Corporate Sector to sell it to the Rebellion for the campaign in Airam Sector, he was the one who convinced the Verpine to mass produce the B-Wing bombers. He put his coalition of smugglers to supply and trasport stuff for a rebellion who had lost against Thrawn at Derra IV. More over the Battle of Tanaab should have been in the story, the same way the mission to rescue Han Solo were he should have let Ace Azzameen to shuttle him in and out onboard the Millennium Falcon, prior to return it to Leia. Ace should have been as one crewmember in the Battle of Endor (without any lines to be spoken) while Emon on Andrasta and Aeron on the Otana should be with the Rebels first wave. Most of the content was proscribed by lucasfilm which do not wanted any manipulation on the classic trilogy at the time.

capitanguinea
Galactic Empire

Post by capitanguinea » Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:01 pm

A last bit. The dreadnought Dunari uses as enforcer, should have been the one Lando invested to create Nomad City on Nkoll

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:59 pm

Funny thing : there is one crewmember of the falcon during the Battle of Endor in the movie that that did remain unnamed (not the same as Blount, which like Cracken got into the turrets once the battle started)

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Uniden ... _navigator

While wookiepedia refer to him as a separate person from Ace, in my head canon, this IS Ace

For Emkay, I envision him as mostly acting as an on-board mechanic, which explain his absence from on-screen and fit his primary role (even though he has been heavily modified to act as a pilot too)
Rookie One, is that you?? - Ru Merleen, Rebel Spy at Imdaar Alpha
Current Holder of the Frying Pan of Death

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:46 pm

Rookie_One1 wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:59 pm
Funny thing : there is one crewmember of the falcon during the Battle of Endor in the movie that that did remain unnamed (not the same as Blount, which like Cracken got into the turrets once the battle started)

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Uniden ... _navigator

While wookiepedia refer to him as a separate person from Ace, in my head canon, this IS Ace

For Emkay, I envision him as mostly acting as an on-board mechanic, which explain his absence from on-screen and fit his primary role (even though he has been heavily modified to act as a pilot too)
I don't agree with Rookie on everything, obviously, but this is kinda my take on it too. It is an entirely reasonable position to have, just like how Rex is half ret-conning Nik Sant in ROTJ; meaning how Filoni says in his mind it IS rex, but he isn't officially retconning the original character because he doesn't feel that's right either. Rex was featured on Endor in a cartoon I have yet to see, which in my mind is more Canon (in spite of my general distaste for nucanon) than Nik Sant, but who's to say there's not two white bearded old dude commandos either. Just because something isn't officially confirmed, doesn't mean that the two things can't coexist if not directly contradicted.

Just like how Kyle Katarn and Bria Tharen death star plot arcs can coincide with Jyn Erso's given how old and nu canonically the DS project was compartmentalized. Even though it's pretty obvious that Rogue One's scenario is inspired heavily by the events involving Bria Tharen in Legend's on Toprawa including being entirely wiped out, the details simply being changed.

Some stuff simply just isn't represented on screen, and for the story being presented in ROTJ a minor character like ACE doesn't effect the overall plot of ROTJ either way so would be an erroneous detail relative to the movie.

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:40 pm

I tend to prefer the original EU a lot, best example being the B-Wing, where I find the EU Canon origin to be a better story (Project Shantipole, which was based on an asteroid in an asteroid belt, with engineers of many species, but mostly Verpine, which happened AFTER the battle of Yavin), compared to the Disney Canon (Where it was the result of a madman working on a planet called shantipole before the battle of yavin).

There is lot of stuff that make much more sense IMO in the EU, over the new disney canon

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:41 am

I do too. But I think there's a lot of old legends (pre ANH) that can coexist in nu canon, and that current post ROTJ canon in regards to the sequels themselves that could coexist with some slight retconning with the old EU, but much of which should have been approached differently as a base line anyways.

It is a bit ironic that current execs don't mind modifying the OT or prequels to fit their new vision to create or tie in new stories, which in and of itself is fine I suppose if done properly with the appropriate respect to the IP/lore, but that a lot of the classic and relevant stuff wasn't allowed to be explored similarly during its hayday.

I do like the fact that under the new canon though, that even if the B-Wing origin story has changed a bit, at least it originating as an experimental capital ship killing glass cannon is in and of itself interesting, even though fundamentally the idea of the rebels using super weapons at all is out of character to say the least, repurposing the hull to be developed into a less devastating but more economically and technologically viable (comparatively) into a heavy strike fighter/bomber in the long run was an acceptable touch. Unfortunately I think the average normi wouldn't really appreciate a more in-universe-political/logistically detailed origin story as dry as "Lando convinced the verps to utilize Ackbar's B-Wing design and mass produce it.

I dunno, maybe I'm speculating.

@captainguinea is there a link to the video with the XWA storyboard guys we can watch?

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:02 am

To be fair, it would had contradicted the preexisting c-canon at the time, where the b-wing was developed after the battle of yavin and entered in service BEFORE the alliance found hoth (especially since the SWRPG book Strike Force: Shantipole was released in 88)

Tuskin
Ensign

Post by Tuskin » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:50 am

Driftwood wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:46 pm
Even though it's pretty obvious that Rogue One's scenario is inspired heavily by the events involving Bria Tharen in Legend's on Toprawa including being entirely wiped out, the details simply being changed.
It wasn't, it's an original story.

Metathrom
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Metathrom » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:07 pm

capitanguinea wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:58 pm
Recently on twitch the original storytellers of xwa revealed an aspect of xwa. In the origin the Dunari role in the campaign should have be gone to Lando Carlissian. We should have learn how much he earned his generalship, helping the Rebels rebuilding their forces after the losses at Hoth. He is the one who contacted the producer of mag pulse technology in Corporate Sector to sell it to the Rebellion for the campaign in Airam Sector, he was the one who convinced the Verpine to mass produce the B-Wing bombers. He put his coalition of smugglers to supply and trasport stuff for a rebellion who had lost against Thrawn at Derra IV. More over the Battle of Tanaab should have been in the story, the same way the mission to rescue Han Solo were he should have let Ace Azzameen to shuttle him in and out onboard the Millennium Falcon, prior to return it to Leia. Ace should have been as one crewmember in the Battle of Endor (without any lines to be spoken) while Emon on Andrasta and Aeron on the Otana should be with the Rebels first wave. Most of the content was proscribed by lucasfilm which do not wanted any manipulation on the classic trilogy at the time.
This is awesome! Is there a link to this twitch conversation? Did the storytellers reveal anything about cancelled expansion plans for XWA, such as what was the intended fate of the Viraxo and/or Uncle Antan?

capitanguinea
Galactic Empire

Post by capitanguinea » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:42 pm

Not much about expansion as much about cut content such the possibility to disassemble and riassemble container trains in game or the multiplayer use of turrets with a human pilot and as much human gunners the vehicle has. There are a whole part laid down about capital ships capabilities (such fire ion or laser or turbolaser on multitarget) the code for which were still in development. When yuuzhan vong was on books and clone wars at cinema they tought about some development, but tcw is gone his own ways and Lucas vetoed the Vong on visual media.