XvT: Balance of Power Campaign

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Re: XvT: Balance of Power Campaign

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:58 pm

the_stag wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:48 pm
That's a good point @Lawnie. I think I'd like to use TFTC for the imperial side of the campaign,as long as @Angel is ok with that. It would sure make it more immersive.
You are welcome to use the Imperial theme for it from my point of view (with credits of course), but also check with @ual002 that he's ok with it as well as he designed the Imperial Concourse we use.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:44 pm

AngeI wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:58 pm
the_stag wrote:
That's a good point @Lawnie. I think I'd like to use TFTC for the imperial side of the campaign,as long as @Angel is ok with that. It would sure make it more immersive.
You are welcome to use the Imperial theme for it from my point of view (with credits of course), but also check with @ual002 that he's ok with it as well as he designed the Imperial Concourse we use.
Plus I designed the main Imperial Interface icons too remember. I'm ok with it being used with credits.
In due course I intend to release a version of it that everyone can use in mods. Just always something else going on.

An XvT campaign mod is something on my wish list but with so much going on with XWA and life I never get to make stuff much.
I've been following stuff here as much as possible. Maybe @the_stag when you are closer to completion I can get involved in making and installer and host it for you. :)
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Hullbreacher
Rebel Alliance

Post by Hullbreacher » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:45 pm

if you need voice over work, I'd be happy to contribute! I've done a few voice overs lately and the thought of helping out on an BoP project has me all kinds of excited! Just thought I'd offer what I can!
Ackbar: "IT'S A TRAP!!"
Kids: "ADMIRAL ACKBAR CEREAL!!"
Ackbar: "YOUR TASTE BUDS CAN'T REPEL FLAVOR OF THAT MAGNITUDE!"

the_stag
Rebel Alliance

Post by the_stag » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:48 pm

Thanks @Hullbreacher and everyone offering to help. I'm just finishing up some technical details in the last mission of the rebel campaign and making some cosmetic changes to the rest of the missions before I release them all as a set. I was hoping to have that ready tomorrow, but work has been busier than expected. It might be ready, but Sunday is looking more likely.

I think I'll hold off on having any voice over work done until the campaign is complete along with the re-imagined version. That way voices will be consistent between the two and I don't have to interrupt peoples lives more than once.

the_stag
Rebel Alliance

Post by the_stag » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:41 am

I've completed the rebel half of the campaign. I've updated the OP with the link and the same update. I haven't implemented the finer side of making the SSD explode yet. But it's on the list. Enjoy while I'll get started on the imperial half of the campaign.

Muahaha
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Muahaha » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:31 pm

Started to test out this campaign, weirdly 1st mission when targeting ISD II with mag pulse within the weapon range, the warhead will explode as soon as you launch it. While targeting friendlies don't have such issue. Resulting suicide after 3rd missile launch, even though the weapon supposedly none lethal..

the_stag
Rebel Alliance

Post by the_stag » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:56 pm

Hi @Muahaha. Thanks for taking the time to check this out. I'm not sure what's going on with your magpulse warheads though. I'll give it a try when I get home. In the interim, I'd recommend you try the following:
1) You have the XWAU with mega patch 4 installed. Maybe there's a corruption somewhere and a fresh install might fix the issue.
2) Try playing another mission in the flight sim and selecting the magpulse as your warhead. Does the same thing happen?
3) Select concussion missiles instead of the magpulse, does the mission work as intended?

Maybe someone else has played this and can say if they've had a similar issue.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:04 pm

Muahaha wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:31 pm
Started to test out this campaign, weirdly 1st mission when targeting ISD II with mag pulse within the weapon range, the warhead will explode as soon as you launch it. While targeting friendlies don't have such issue. Resulting suicide after 3rd missile launch, even though the weapon supposedly none lethal..
That maybe an issue with the ISD2. We've seen a few things like that due to profiles and meshes.
Try targeting a different area on it when you fire or move to a different angle.

the_stag
Rebel Alliance

Post by the_stag » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:33 pm

Ace Antilles wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:04 pm
That maybe an issue with the ISD2. We've seen a few things like that due to profiles and meshes.
Try targeting a different area on it when you fire or move to a different angle.
I was unaware of that as well. I usually dumb fire my warheads, so I wonder if that causes less issues, or if there should be no difference.

the_stag
Rebel Alliance

Post by the_stag » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:44 am

I've played through mission 1 several times now and I can't reproduce the issue @Muahaha. Sorry. Hopefully @Ace Antilles's advice helped. If there is something wrong with this and I'm just not seeing it, someone please let me know and we'll see what we can do to fix the problem.

the_stag
Rebel Alliance

Post by the_stag » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:48 am

I just uploaded a new version of the conversion. There was a flaw with mission 2 that could have made it unwinnable. There were a couple of other housekeeping items that I took care of as well.

The included BoP.plt pilot file will start you at tour 8, mission 1 with no points or accolades on your pilot record, for people who want that kind of thing. But there's nothing stopping you from just using you completed game pilot file.

Muahaha
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Muahaha » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:57 am

the_stag wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:44 am
I've played through mission 1 several times now and I can't reproduce the issue @Muahaha. Sorry. Hopefully @Ace Antilles's advice helped. If there is something wrong with this and I'm just not seeing it, someone please let me know and we'll see what we can do to fix the problem.
The issue only appears when hull of the ISD II is targeted (default), once I cycled through the subsystem it works normally as described by @Ace Antilles I guess that is the workaround. Will play further and report back if issues encountered. Nice work by the way.

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:37 pm

AngeI wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:58 pm
the_stag wrote:
Sorry for the late reply. I dont mind, just make sure everyone applicable gets a credit.
Image Image Image Image Image

the_stag
Rebel Alliance

Post by the_stag » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:08 pm

I was going to start on the empire half of the BoP campaign, but I decided I needed to play through the rebel half again. I knew I wouldn't be happy unless I started from the beginning and did the whole thing through. I ended up doing that twice. I fixed some little bugs and made some more quality of life improvements. I'm much happier now. The link in the OP will take you to the newest version.

Next step: The imperial half of the campaign (for real this time).

batuta
Cadet 1st Class

Post by batuta » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:28 am

thank you very much

Old_Jedi
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Old_Jedi » Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:31 pm

cheers

OJ

Hullbreacher
Rebel Alliance

Post by Hullbreacher » Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:48 am

the_stag wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:48 pm
Thanks @Hullbreacher and everyone offering to help. I'm just finishing up some technical details in the last mission of the rebel campaign and making some cosmetic changes to the rest of the missions before I release them all as a set. I was hoping to have that ready tomorrow, but work has been busier than expected. It might be ready, but Sunday is looking more likely.

I think I'll hold off on having any voice over work done until the campaign is complete along with the re-imagined version. That way voices will be consistent between the two and I don't have to interrupt peoples lives more than once.
Sounds good! Seems like work is coming along nicely so far, I'm looking forward to playing this when it's all finished!
Ackbar: "IT'S A TRAP!!"
Kids: "ADMIRAL ACKBAR CEREAL!!"
Ackbar: "YOUR TASTE BUDS CAN'T REPEL FLAVOR OF THAT MAGNITUDE!"

the_stag
Rebel Alliance

Post by the_stag » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:12 pm

Good news everyone! I've completed the first 5 missions of the Empire campaign. You will need the TIE Fighter Total Conversion Mod 1.1 installed with the classic missions in order to play it properly. I've updated the description in the original post as well as reorganized the Google Drive folders for ease of access.

batuta
Cadet 1st Class

Post by batuta » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:13 pm

Thank you for your hard work

the_stag
Rebel Alliance

Post by the_stag » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:45 pm

batuta wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:13 pm
Thank you for your hard work
You're welcome. This is something I really enjoy doing in my spare time. I'm glad the community is also enjoying this.

the_stag
Rebel Alliance

Post by the_stag » Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:55 pm

Good news everyone! I've made some changes to the exe so the game behaves more like XWA did. To go along with that, I've gone and re-balanced the missions for the rebel campaign as well. I'm calling this version 2. Here's the link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing You can also use the link on the original post. As always, let me know if you find any issues or have suggestions.

the_stag
Rebel Alliance

Post by the_stag » Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:00 pm

I've mostly finished the Imperial half of the campaign. The briefings need some timing issues worked out, but the missions are completed and playable with Mega Patch 5.5. The same link below gets you to the rebel and imperial campaigns. They aren't configured to run together at this point. You just need to select which one you want, download the zip file and replace the files. Backup your current stuff first!

I've put this same message in the original post as well.

marcop000
Cadet 1st Class

Post by marcop000 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:08 am

This is a very good news !! do you think to complete the work this year ?

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:31 pm

What do you think the likelihood of plugging these missions into TFTC reimagined in the combat folder would work properly? As in using the simulator room multiplayer hook ability to have a list of one-off missions to fly? I am entirely unsure if you have the cutscenes set up, but even if you did I'm not sure if cutscenes would trigger playing missions from the combat folder. Either way, I think it would be great as extra content.
Image Image Image Image Image

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:27 pm

the_stag wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:00 pm
I've mostly finished the Imperial half of the campaign. The briefings need some timing issues worked out, but the missions are completed and playable with Mega Patch 5.5. The same link below gets you to the rebel and imperial campaigns. They aren't configured to run together at this point. You just need to select which one you want, download the zip file and replace the files. Backup your current stuff first!

I've put this same message in the original post as well.
May I ask a few things please?
What does Hook_WarheadLock.dll do?
And what's SUPERSDBoP.OPT
What EXE changes are there?

I would love to help make this a proper installed mod. I just don't have any time :(