Xbox360 controller

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

Xbox360 controller

danrevella
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by danrevella » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:47 pm

Hi There!!!
I'm not a fortunate owner of an advanced fly controller.... :-( I only got an Xbox360 controller, BTW I was able in complete X-wing and Tie-fighter 100% at the medium level.
One of the major utilize you may perform on an Xbox360 controller is to map the right trigger as a MORE precise pointer, so you may utilize f.e. in a mine field, or in other situation when you need precise tracking, and the left trigger is too much raw in these situations..
I have released this with the help of UCR(ahk version even if old does perform his job very well under Window 11) and VJOY, even worse, this combination also take good care of the problems (typical of Xbox360) relative to the need of to set a deadzone
- with VJOY I set a virtual joy with only two axes and two button, the I use UCR to map mouse--->Vjoy axes 0 and 1
- At this point all command have to send via keyboard, and precise tracking is performed with mouse, but it's up to you if you wanna use a program to map all real xbox360 button utilizing f.e. the program Antimicrox (an excellent freeware full active at the moment), or f.e the old X-padder.
- A personalized mapping may require many trial and errors and many hours of training, so a good idea maybe run the game in a little window (f.e. 800x600) and the mapper program in another window, so you may look in real time how your mapped version does work. This situation is only possible if you utilize the DXVND program who let run your game in a resizable window.
A lot of work, but well recompensed... ;-)
I consider this setup superior to an equivalen utilizing Joytokey (even if it is a really respectable piece of software)
Now I may play all these new mods (TFTC 1.2 in primis) with my modest Xbox360.
Have a good time.
Dan