How to Backup and Uninstall

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

How to Backup and Uninstall

theymightbedavis
Recruit

Post by theymightbedavis » Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:53 am

Hi! I would like to back up my data (pilot, progress, joystick bindings) and uninstall the mod (including the additional TFTC mod). I cannot find information on how I may do that. Could someone please point me to a helpful guide on how I may back up and uninstall?

Old_Jedi
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Old_Jedi » Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:12 am

Just copy your pilot file (*.plt) and JoystickConfig.txt file somewhere you can find them again later.

OJ

Old_Jedi
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Old_Jedi » Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:18 am

Copy - all the *.plt files in your xwa directory, as switching between light and dark side uses different pilots, if I recall.

OJ

theymightbedavis
Recruit

Post by theymightbedavis » Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:56 pm

Thank you very much, Old_Jedi.

After I have backed up the pilot and joystick files, I think simply uninstalling XWA via add/remove programs does not actually uninstall the upgrade and TFTC mod files - is that correct?

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:26 pm

Yes, the game's uninstall function only removes the original game, any additional files added via the patch are left in place and will need to be deleted manually..

However, you won't have to go as far as to uninstall the game. The XWAU installer creates a "Backup" folder, and within a separate folder for each release that was installed. So if you wanted to revert to the original game you can simply copy the contents of that folder into your Game directory(confirm override). Note tho that this will not remove the additional files that were added with the patch but they shouldn't be impacting your vanilla gameplay.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

theymightbedavis
Recruit

Post by theymightbedavis » Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:14 pm

Thank you very much, Vince T!