20 years' lurking anniversary

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

20 years' lurking anniversary

Legion
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Legion » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:08 am

Hello all. I noticed it's my 20 year anniversary of signing up to follow the XWAU project. Whilst I've contributed basically nothing in terms of content (apart from that one time I helped DS with some data recovery) and very few forum posts, it's a project and community that I've always felt part of, even if only as a lurker.

It's been amazing to see how far it's progressed, and especially the new innovations and leaps forward in recent years. I look forward to watching another twenty years' progress, albeit from the shadows!

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:53 am

Happy Anniversary! I feel the same. Even though I disappeared for years, lured away by fancy new SW games and life, this place always remains a steady constant.

It may not seem like there is much going on but behind the scenes there is loads in progress still to come!
The last few weeks have been another burst of brilliant ideas and new tools to play about with.
I would hope that in the next 20 years we get more X-wing games lol If not then maybe XWAU will finish more stuff :D
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:57 am

Happy XWAU anniversary ;) it's really incredible that we are still here to be honest. There had been times when I seriously considered closing down the site but there was always at least a little bit going on. I am really glad we kept going, the advances that have been made recently are simply mind blowing and there's a lot in the pipeline that you guys haven't even seen yet :)
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:36 pm

Forceflow wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:57 am
Happy XWAU anniversary ;) it's really incredible that we are still here to be honest. There had been times when I seriously considered closing down the site but there was always at least a little bit going on. I am really glad we kept going, the advances that have been made recently are simply mind blowing and there's a lot in the pipeline that you guys haven't even seen yet :)
I'm glad you kept it open too. There were definitely quiet times, but the more I reflect the more I think most of us who were kids at the time just needed the time to gather the skills needed to come back home and make things better.
Image Image Image Image Image

Mako
Bounty Hunter

Post by Mako » Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:56 pm

holy shiiiiii it'sbeen 20 yrs already? We sure bout that? Cause naw it can't be can it? Aw well happy anniversary! Mabe I'll get back to posting sometime soon. Like now.
Power without perception is worthless and of no use.
Current WIP The Lost Fleet everything else is on hold.