B-Wing cockpit

This is the place for chit chat! Everything goes even Star Trek! Just make sure to buy the Moderator a drink!

B-Wing cockpit

Calmputer
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Calmputer » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:52 pm

Hey,

I just saw this video from the youtube channel Harh1981:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQmw1Nk358Q

The first view-through I didn't notice anything odd... the cockpits of XWAU And TFTC must've inured me to this kind of thing, anyway...

It looks amazing, and really scratches that itch I have for the old X-Wing and TIE Fighter graphics... That kind of cockpit in XWAU plus gourad shaded textures for all the ships, and I'd be in heaven.
Would probably be a pretty big undertaking though...

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:15 pm

I'm a little confused.
So is this for XWA? A 3d new copy of the old style cockpit
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Calmputer
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Calmputer » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:55 pm

I asked the same thing in the comments, and this is what they had to say:

"Let's say this question requires a bit complex answer :) 1) This is not in game, but trying-it's-best animation that mimics the original XvT game (ships models are from XWA). 2) This isn't planned just as "here is an animation, look and forget it then". It's a cockpit of BWing being developed for X-Wing Virtual Machine (XWVM) game that recreates the original X-Wing. Cockpit won't have the texture of the original B-Wing, but I'm really trying my best to make it look really close to the original. I've already done A-Wing cockpit for this one and it looks true to the X-Wing/XvT origins. 3) I don't really see it as a good possibility for an XWA mod since all I've seen including TFTC is having way different visual style, it's too colorful for this one to fit in for my opinion."

blue_max
XWAU Member

Post by blue_max » Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:48 pm

That's an interesting video. Funny how this guy intentionally made low-res textures to make it look retro (and went through the trouble of making a 3D cockpit and mapping everything, etc). Good job, though.