Battle 2, problem with missing missions!

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

Battle 2, problem with missing missions!

lepermessiah
Cadet 4th Class

Post by lepermessiah » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:55 am

Hi, having a blast with the upgrade, just completed Battle 2 and it seemed really short, looked online and missions 4 and 5 were skipped, I went straight from the Viraxo assasination attempt to the final mission. Simulation room shows the same Battle 2 only has 4 missions for me to replay. Is this an issue my end or are those problematic missions for the upgarde?

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:34 pm

That shouldn't be the case, I cannot check right now but Battle 2 should not be only 4 missions long. We did not cut any missions from the game.
@Vince T can you check if you see all missions?
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:41 pm

Battle 2 should have 6 missions. This sounds more an XWA original install issue.
XWAU only enhances the missions, nothing is changed in the list of order etc.
Unless you have accidentally skipped those missions. I don't think it should remove them from the simulator though.

Best suggestion - back up your pilot file.
Either use a Pilot Editor to check and fix the pilot file. See www.xwingoutpost.com
Or you will need to reinstall XWA, check it with your pilot file and then install XWAU again.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

lepermessiah
Cadet 4th Class

Post by lepermessiah » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:50 pm

Ace Antilles wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:41 pm
Battle 2 should have 6 missions. This sounds more an XWA original install issue.
XWAU only enhances the missions, nothing is changed in the list of order etc.
Unless you have accidentally skipped those missions. I don't think it should remove them from the simulator though.

Best suggestion - back up your pilot file.
Either use a Pilot Editor to check and fix the pilot file. See www.xwingoutpost.com
Or you will need to reinstall XWA, check it with your pilot file and then install XWAU again.
Many thanks for the replies. :)

I'll try and get an editor to have a look, in the meantime I'll start a new pilot, somehow I'll suffer playing the start again ;) (like I suffer eating pizza and chocalate!)

I currently already have vanilla XWA installed, I copied the directory to another HD and applied the XWAU to that installation, I also have a 3rd installion upgraded and with TIE TC installed and the two seperate launchers. Steam and 2 upgraded installs on different HdDs, although the 2 upgrades share a HDD (different folder obviously!) I flit between all 3 quite a lot, would that cause an issue? I've started vanilla XWA again today anyway, when I get to that point can I just cope the plt file into the upgraded version folder I have?

lepermessiah
Cadet 4th Class

Post by lepermessiah » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:01 pm

Update, got the editor and took my pilot back to Battle 2 mission 4....this time I got the defend the Liberty mission after so must have been a weird glitch my end.