[Solved] How to pause the game ?

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

[Solved] How to pause the game ?

Dan de Belgique
Recruit

Post by Dan de Belgique » Sat May 07, 2022 12:09 pm

I have the TFTC installed. How can I make PAUSE during the turorial mission in order to read the instructions on the left side pannel (I'm not a native English speaker) ? I need to familiarise with the (so many) buttons and keys. When I use ALT + P, I get a full black screen (but I can resume the game with the ESC key).
Thank you very much for your help.
Last edited by Dan de Belgique on Wed May 11, 2022 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Sat May 07, 2022 8:15 pm

Hello and welcome,
Alt+P is the right key to pause the game.
Unfortunatly for now the black screen seems to be how the game works. Maybe this screen behavior will be modified in the future.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Sun May 22, 2022 9:05 am

UPDATE

Hello,
I've updated the windowed hook.

Now when the game is paused, the 3d scene will be rendered instead of a black screen.

I've also added a splash screen.
To set a splash screen, create an image named "Splash.jpg". If this image doesn't exist then "Alliance.jpg" is used. If this image doesn't exist then a white screen is rendered.

danrevella
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by danrevella » Sun May 22, 2022 9:22 am

Is this updated just available for download?
Does this upgrade also fix that if you set f.e. resolution 800*600, it work only till you go in mission, when BTW the game switch to full screen mode.
Upgrade....
Just now I have try the new version, but keep the game in windowed mode does not work: the game come back in full-screen as soon as you go f.e. to select a mission.
Other problem (but I don't know if it is concerned to this version of the hook: when I exit the game, a process x-wingalliance.exe is still present in the task manager, and to run XWA again, first I need to kill that process in the task manager.
Thanks

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Sun May 22, 2022 11:17 am

You can download the updated hook with XwaHooksSetup.
It does not fix the issues with windowed mode.