[Bug] Laser limit in B0M6?

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

[Bug] Laser limit in B0M6?

Erd
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Erd » Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:23 am

I'm playing the Steam version, on a clean install as of 5.5

I was going through some of the early missions in the simulator where I discovered a weird behaviour. In Battle 0 Mission 6 Rebel Rendezvous: Aid to the Alliance, when the Star Destroyer has completed its reorientation towards the platform it begins targeting the Andrasta releasing a lot of constant laser fire and this may be preventing other ships from firing. The X-wing torpedo attack on the Lancer frigate receives very little intercept fire and is blown up, enemy Tie fighters only sporadically fire their weapons even in a head on contest and the autofire/defensive fire of the Otana is inconsistent. Firing weapons normally works fine.

I tried Battle 1 Mission 3 Reconnaissance of Imperial Task Force, another mission I knew to have a great deal of capital ship fire in it but your wingman and the enemy fighters seem to dogfight just fine. I will try more missions with heavy capital ship fire when I can, but so far it seems to be limited to B0M6.

Can anyone else recreate this bug?

Leofus
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Leofus » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:04 am

i have experienced the same issue before myself, notably with the b7m1 (first endor mission) however i mostly experience this as a result of the fact i have modified the game to double the rate of fire of all guns. i also have a an installation that is stock xwau 5.5 so i will try b0m6 on that install when i get a chance

edit: i tried b0m6 with stock xwau 5.5 and my turrets definitely slowed down on their autofiring but it wasnt very extreme. i might not have noticed it if i wasnt looking for it. im curious what hardware youre running and if you are using anti-aliasing. i dont know enough to say if the game has a limit to how many projectiles can be active simultaneously.

edit2: i ran b0m6 again and this time i got it much worse. my guns completely stopped firing for approximately 10 seconds even though targets were right next to my turrets and the fighters only seemed to be shooting torpedoes

Erd
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Erd » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:44 am

I'm on a fresh install, default settings. i7-8700k, rtx 3070 ti, 32 gig Ram. I'm glad you managed to reproduce it.

Leofus
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Leofus » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:07 am

Erd wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:44 am
I'm on a fresh install, default settings. i7-8700k, rtx 3070 ti, 32 gig Ram. I'm glad you managed to reproduce it.
do you find that this issue is pretty consistent within that mission or is it sometimes better or worse than others? have you found any other missions with this issue? do you experience it on b7m1 at all as i do? sorry im not much help with this.

Erd
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Erd » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:46 am

Leofus wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:07 am

do you find that this issue is pretty consistent within that mission or is it sometimes better or worse than others? have you found any other missions with this issue? do you experience it on b7m1 at all as i do? sorry im not much help with this.
It's pretty consistent. Not 100% because the mission never plays out the same but that first wave of Tie fighters never fires more than 4 times. I tried B0M7 a few times, another transport + capital ship mission, because I find autofire the best way to test it. Besides a few half second stutters that I seem to remember from playing the base game on much older hardware the mission ran fine.