[Solved] Turning off lower left and right holo screens in Dynamic Cockpit

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

[Solved] Turning off lower left and right holo screens in Dynamic Cockpit

Prime
XWAU Member

Post by Prime » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:43 pm

When I am using the X-Wing dynamic cockpit, occasionally I want to turn off the lower left and right holographic displays (that show the message log, goals, etc.). Normally I use the Delete (for left) and Page Down (for right) keys but that only seems to shut off the text, not the background screen. Is there another command/key that turns off the screen as well, or some setting in the dynamic cockpit config to enable this?

The example of what I want is at this timestamp of the XWAU2020 demo video...

https://youtu.be/NtHGgAs33Iw?t=65
Last edited by Ace Antilles on Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Solved

blue_max
XWAU Member

Post by blue_max » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:08 pm

Press the D key to toggle the holographic displays.

Prime
XWAU Member

Post by Prime » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:49 am

The D key seems to enable/disable the regular old HUD, but does not affect the dynamic cockpit elements. Is there some setting apart from that?

blue_max
XWAU Member

Post by blue_max » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:35 am

Hmmm... I'm not sure I understand what you mean then. The video you linked above -- at the specific time in your link -- is what happens when you press the D key on a cockpit with holographic displays.

If you want to disable the Dynamic Cockpit altogether you can do that through the Babu Frik configurator or by opening Dynamic_Cockpit.cfg and disabling the effect in there.

Prime
XWAU Member

Post by Prime » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:43 am

I love the dynamic cockpit so I definitely want to keep the majority of that. Would there be some other setting that completely disables the original old HUD such that the D key wouldn't toggle it on? In the Babu Frik configurator I have the option to have the HUD (I presume the original?) invisible on startup selected, and the label for that option mentions that you can toggle this in game by pressing D. So to me it sounded like it was doing what that seems to imply, which wasn't related to the dynamic cockpit holographic display I want to turn off.

Thanks for the help regardless!

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:48 am

I think the idea is to switch off individual components of the HUD in the dynamic cockpit. So to only disable the new holographic overlay for the messages for example.

Did I get that right Prime?
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

blue_max
XWAU Member

Post by blue_max » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:50 am

I'm sorry, I must apologize: I lied previously -- I actually had to check the source code to see the keyboard mappings:

D will toggle the original HUD. It doesn't have anything to do with the holographic displays.
Ctrl+Shift+T will toggle the holographic displays -- I believe this was your original question.

Sorry, I'm an idiot and sometimes I forget stuff that I did myself! :P

Prime
XWAU Member

Post by Prime » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:15 pm

No worries! Thanks again for the help.

Spidey002
Recruit

Post by Spidey002 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:55 am

ctr+shift+T isn't working for me to turn off the holos

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:03 pm

I think you can close them too via Delete and PageDown keys. Those 6 buttons grouped together on your keyboard will individually toggle the six HUD elements on/off.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.