[Solved] Problem with Flying the Yard

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

[Solved] Problem with Flying the Yard

Porkins_BB
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Porkins_BB » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:39 pm

has anyone noticed any issues when flying the Yard in the pilot proving ground since the Mega 2020 update? I've tried different ships and different levels, but all missions have the same problem. When you enter the Asteroid in the beginning and enter the large room, normally you'll follow the arrows to the narrow tunnel which requires a very sharp 90 degree turn. However, when I reach this point, the entire tunnel is sealed off with rocks. I've tried blasting it, flying through it, no luck. I just flew the proving grounds recently on 1.06, right before the update, so I'm fairly certain there should be an opening there.
Last edited by Ace Antilles on Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Solved

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:00 pm

Yeah I can see this issue. The only one that has been messing with the Yard stuff I believe is @blue_max
Max I am blaming you anyway :D :P
We'll have to take a look into it.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

blue_max
XWAU Member

Post by blue_max » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:41 pm

I haven't touched any OPTs in the PPG -- but I did add a shader to make the lava more better.

From what I remember, there are a number of different options for the PPG that can be configured when you are in the hangar, like doing a "hot run", for instance, or the number of loops. Maybe it's something like that?

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:52 am

Ok so it "may" not be Max's fault ;)
It was fine in the original 2020 release. It only happens after Update 1.1 is installed. Nothing should have conflicted with that mission still.
So we're just having to go through many things to see what area may have changed this.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:18 pm

Porkins_BB wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:39 pm
has anyone noticed any issues when flying the Yard in the pilot proving ground since the Mega 2020 update? I've tried different ships and different levels, but all missions have the same problem. When you enter the Asteroid in the beginning and enter the large room, normally you'll follow the arrows to the narrow tunnel which requires a very sharp 90 degree turn. However, when I reach this point, the entire tunnel is sealed off with rocks. I've tried blasting it, flying through it, no luck. I just flew the proving grounds recently on 1.06, right before the update, so I'm fairly certain there should be an opening there.
I think I have found the issue. It looks to be with Hook_Opt_Limit.
We will investigate it further. Thanks for pointing out this bug :)

Porkins_BB
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Porkins_BB » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:24 pm

No problem, i was afraid i was just missing something. Thanks for looking into this, you guys are awesome!!!

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:51 pm

Hello,
You're right. There is a bug in the opt limit hook with the new meshes count limit.

I will investigate that.
Meanwhile you can use these settings in Hooks.ini:

Code: Select all

[hook_opt_limit]
HitDataArraySize = 65536

MeshesCount = 50
Craft_ExtraSize = 0
Craft_Offset_22E = -459
Craft_Offset_260 = -409
Craft_Offset_292 = -359
This will disable the new feature.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:42 am

Hello,
The bug with the hook is now fixed.

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:10 pm

That also just helped me with the mission objects hook (hiding meshes feature). It now works too. Thanks.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.