[Solved] Sound Problems

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

[Solved] Sound Problems

thephoneeater
Recruit

Post by thephoneeater » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:11 pm

First of all, I want to say that I am blown away by your upgrade! Great work! Unfortunately, I currently have a sound problem:

I have no language in the game from the briefings and pilots unfortunately.
I have installed the game as follows:

- Installation under Windows 10
- Modified installation CD (according to your instructions viewtopic.php?t=11690)
- Installed patch to XWA 2.02
- Mega patch installed
- Update to mega patch installed.

When I started the game, I had no sound effects except Music. I then copied the files from the "WAVE" folder on the CD to the folder on the PC. Then I already had the sound effects for Laser, Explosion. But unfortunately no language of the piolots and at the briefings.
Do you have a clever solution or hint for me what I can do?
Last edited by Ace Antilles on Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Solved

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:21 pm

thephoneeater wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:11 pm
First of all, I want to say that I am blown away by your upgrade! Great work! Unfortunately, I currently have a sound problem:

I have no language in the game from the briefings and pilots unfortunately.
I have installed the game as follows:

- Installation under Windows 10
- Modified installation CD (according to your instructions viewtopic.php?t=11690)
- Installed patch to XWA 2.02
- Mega patch installed
- Update to mega patch installed.

When I started the game, I had no sound effects except Music. I then copied the files from the "WAVE" folder on the CD to the folder on the PC. Then I already had the sound effects for Laser, Explosion. But unfortunately no language of the pilots and at the briefings.
Do you have a clever solution or hint for me what I can do?
This is from our known issues post.
Ace Antilles wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:42 pm
If you are still using the old CDs for XWA it is getting harder to support that system. We do recommend you upgrade to a digital version such as sold by GoG.com etc. https://www.gog.com/game/star_wars_xwing_alliance
If you find you are missing some sounds you need to copy the WAVE folder from both CDs to the XWA main folder. If asked to replace any files then select not to do that. The sounds will then run from your PC.
You need to copy sounds from BOTH CD's 1 and 2 to your PC
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

thephoneeater
Recruit

Post by thephoneeater » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:28 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. I had actually overlooked also to copy the files from the 2nd CD. Now I have all the sounds in the game for the full gaming experience!