Is there a way to change the colors of the starships in skirmish mode?

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

Is there a way to change the colors of the starships in skirmish mode?

nowipowi95
Recruit

Post by nowipowi95 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:35 pm

Hi there

I'm new to the forum and this is my first post.
If the topic doesn't belong here, I'm sorry.

Since I haven't found anything in the forum or on the Internet, I was hoping to get an answer here. :D

Can I change the color of the starships in skirmish mode? (red, gold, green, ...)

I read something like that in "BabuFriks Configurator" where you can configurate the starships.
For example the X-Wing, with Spyder's mod and the Azzameen Edition.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:07 pm

nowipowi95 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:35 pm
Can I change the color of the starships in skirmish mode? (red, gold, green, ...)

I read something like that in "BabuFriks Configurator" where you can configurate the starships.
For example the X-Wing, with Spyder's mod and the Azzameen Edition.
Skirmish mode works differently to missions where it's much simpler.
The game creates a temporary mission file which changes when you create new scenarios.
XWA\Skirmish\temp.tie

So you can edit that with Yogeme but if you load a new mission then it will change.
You can do things with an ini file but that has just as many issues.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

ual002
XWAU Member

Post by ual002 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:37 pm

Yes, also, to expand on that, do you mean the color of the actual ship or are you speaking of the wireframe version in the MFD?

If you mean the skin of the actual ship, then yes, as Ace said, I encourage you to play around with Yogme or Allied. They are powerful mission editors that allow you to essentially create any mission the designers of the game would have. Allied will allow you to change the default FG colors, all 4 of them. However, recently we were able to assign well more than 4 flight group colors to models, and in the case of the models that have currently been updated to support it, Yogme will allow you to select more of those flight group colors.

If you mean the colored wireframe models in the MFD, that is based on the IFF color of the faction you are targeting.
Image Image Image Image Image

nowipowi95
Recruit

Post by nowipowi95 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:33 pm

Hey guys, thank you very much for the answer.

Yes, I mean the skins of the spaceships.
But I had forgotten that XWA had an editor and everything can be changed there. :kopfwand:

So now i use YOGEME and everything is fine.

So thank you very much :D