Star Wars X-Wing alliance Music stutering,frezing,entering lop and random crashing the game

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

Star Wars X-Wing alliance Music stutering,frezing,entering lop and random crashing the game

Paladinspat
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Paladinspat » Sun May 23, 2021 10:30 am

Hi there:)
All problems sugested perviously are fixed up.
Oldou on rare ocasion game do something that it didnt done before.
At some random point game crashes when entering hangar or alt tabing to desectop.
Also on rare ocasion(as this also wasnt happened before)music start to stuter,freze,loping(thiseym thing)
Ic not happening all the time(as i hope it do not)
Aniy idea how to fix this?:)
Do i need to set afinity to one core,get runfearst program or?
Please help:)
P.S:I am not woried about it i just want to nou and se what can i do:)
@Wedege Antilis if you are there please help as like i seyed all the things you and other sugested me for other problems are solved and nau all is fine acept this small problems tuning:)
1.Runing game on GOG version.
2.OS Win 7 64 bit
3.All sheeps are instaled in Mega patch not seperated.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun May 23, 2021 12:51 pm

Alt tabbing can lead to crashing sometimes. Not sure we can fix that but it has improved.

In game music looping or freezing was an issue of the past that we thought was fixed. It seems to happen randomly for some still.
The only way to fix this is to restart the game presently or play with no music.

You shouldn't change any core settings now or you will impact your game performance.

You need to make sure you have all the available Windows 7 updates from Microsoft.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Paladinspat
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Paladinspat » Sun May 23, 2021 3:28 pm

@Ace Antilles
Hey:)
So what if i have all the files freom Microsoft but something als is in play that make game to crase wen:Lunched,going to menu,alt tabing or entering hangar.
Let me tell you something that you will belive me.
Back in the old days when Darksaber ultimate craft pack was a thing before it ended being dead project as nau...Mine game never crashed neather music was a problem.
Yes i haved the problem in the past with music as back then i did 2 methods.
1.Was runfearst
2nd one was when in game go to Task Manager and seted it to run on one core.
Well i dont blame Mega patch at all but ic the one that i used when crashing eather when Blue Max effects are on or thisabled.
I found out that it crases las when Blue Max is disabled as it crush a bit more when it is enabled(note that ic not hapening all the time maby coples of time but not that much serious times that you culd think that it did.
The things i did is.
1.I instaled GOG version.
2.I instaled Mega Patch.
3.Instaled old Allied editor.
4.Replaced some folders with thiseym name etc(but containing mine maps i created.
5.Next i downloadec coples of things from The X-Wing Outpost:
1.Crew Quarters Upgrade v1.1
2.XWA Interface Update v1.0
3.XWA Movie Crawl v1.1
4.XWA HD Cutscenes v1.0
And instaled them on.
Before that i seted up a pilot name etc and then instaled this.
Nau i dont nou if any of this instalations of yours culd leaded to a crash(you probobly wuld sey nou)
And nau at this moment i am puted luncher in DXWind wich have Timing thing that sey:
1.CPU slow down(checked)
2.And i enabled option Fine time adjust(also cheacked up)
I hope nau that it will work othervise it will be back to square one wich is uninstaling and reinstaling the game and applying Mega Patch again and make it stop crashing.
P.S i doubt that any of your mods crashed the game when i instaled them as i nou they supose to work 100% on your and anibudy alses end as all of them are tested up and work fine and shuldnt cause the crash.
I did two extra things.
1.I disabled Hook time bay puting it as disable_Hook_Time
2.I delted Joistic Hook because the spining thing i told you last time wich work nau as i delted it.
Ok i besicaly told you anithing that happened at the moment so if you suspect somewhere i gone wrong buy duing something wrong let me nou.
And ignore the thing about Blue Max effect being on or of and some customise seting for it canged(as nothing is changed as i puted all to defoult just like you wuld sugest me do)
Hope for aniycaind of help if posebol or sugestion:)
And tank you for your help @Ace Antillis you are the best and regardles if you culd help me or get unbeable to help me i will recomend you to all as i seyed the best of the best but mostliy best:)
Some person on GOG forum named @Nergal01 seyed this:
It must be XWAUpgrade-related somehow. I uninstalled the Upgrade pack and re-tried the mission. No more crashes. Also, I didn't use XWAhacker.
Some other person on GOG bay the name of @Kharnete seyed:
Yeah, it's XWAUpgrade related for sure. I uninstalled it and the mission worked perfectly with both, 1080p hack and HD backdrops still on. Once I completed it, I reinstalled the Upgrade craft pack and went to the Simulator to play the mission again. It crashed as expected.
:D :shock: :?

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun May 23, 2021 8:00 pm

You need to try these things.

1. Install XWA version. Don't start the game.
2. Turn off Gog.
3. Start XWA from the Alliance.exe file in the folder. NOT a GoG link.
4. Load a pilot or create a test one. Then test the game. If ok carry on.
5. Install the Update 3.
6. Test the game.
7. If all ok configure with Babu Frik.

Don't install anything else until you have your game working.
No mods, no tweaks, no hook changes etc. Otherwise no one can help find the issue.

Crew Quarters Upgrade v1.1 and XWA Interface Update v1.0 are both included with the XWAU Update 3. Don't install those from my site.
XWA HD Cutscenes v1.0 should be installed first. If you want the XWA Movie Crawl v1.1 then you install that second.

The less you change the easier it is to help fix. Once you have the game working then you can make a backup folder copy and tweak things as you wish.

Paladinspat
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Paladinspat » Sun May 23, 2021 8:09 pm

@Ace Antilles
Hey:)
I understand all acept two things as teard one i caind understand but i dont nou if we are thinking about thiseym things?:)
1. What do you min or hau to turn off GoG?
2.I understand starting game XWA from Alliance.exe but i dont nou what is a GOG link?:)
3.Bay Update 3 do you refering to Mega Patch?

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun May 23, 2021 8:28 pm

1. Turn off the GoG program after installing XWA. There's a chance it can make some issues with the XWAU.
2. Sometimes GoG will make a shortcut on the desktop. Use the XWAU one or Alliance.exe
3. You install the XWAU 2020 Mega Patch then XWAU 2020 Update Version 3.0 which is the newest version.

Paladinspat
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Paladinspat » Sun May 23, 2021 9:15 pm

@Ace Antilles
Hey i instaled update 3 but there is a problem.
Dont nou if ic on mine end or update thing as i didnt tuched anithing belive me i am not laying.
All options in Babu Freacks are on defoult.
After updating it i entered the game and The Blue Max effect is on.
The problem is midle HUD that is in black where sheps are displayed there Sheald etc.
Defoult HUD bay presing D is fine only that midle one have problem as it show a moving picture of X-Wing and when i circle frue sheeps that black monitor in midle is turned off buy itself.
Dont nou if reinstaling is required but all other things is fine:)
P.S I am reinstaling whole game nau:)

Paladinspat
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Paladinspat » Sun May 23, 2021 10:24 pm

@Ace Antilles
Mine Update what i did.
I did folowing.
1.I ununstaled whole game
2.I delted the folder where game was instaled and created new folder where game is going to be instaled as new
3.I instaled Mega Patch 2020
4.I instaled Update 3
5.Nothing in Babu Freaks i tuched as i lunched game imidetly after instalation.
And that is all what i did nou more no las.
The post before this is corect as ic Update 3 problem that need to be fixed as when i instaled Mega Patch that black midle screan showed sheeps that i targeted(call it a new HUD) it worked fine in Mega Patch but not in Update 3.
I found out that containers didnt canged as they suposed to as they was ok in Mega patch only.
Only hoping nau that all is fine:)

Paladinspat
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Paladinspat » Sun May 23, 2021 10:37 pm

@Ace Antilles
This is mine update 2
Next to that New HUD that dont work and old HUD from vannila game work fine there is one thing i found out.
The containers when i loaded the game haved there vannila scean after update the update 3.
I head to manualy install them one pacage at a time wich contain containers in them.
I instaled them and they all returned to normal.
All in all your Update 3 is good and just like any online game(for exampol WoW).
Each time they relice an update there are bugs in it just like with this HUD from Mega Patch that dont work mining that you need to push a new update to fix bugs like that.
As for your mods...you was right all of your mods was contained in Update 3.
P.S Will get back to you tomorrow to se if there will be crashes or not until then nn @Ace Antilles:)

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Mon May 24, 2021 8:09 pm

Paladinspat wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 10:37 pm
@Ace Antilles
This is mine update 2
Next to that New HUD that dont work and old HUD from vannila game work fine there is one thing i found out.
The containers when i loaded the game haved there vannila scean after update the update 3.
I head to manualy install them one pacage at a time wich contain containers in them.
I instaled them and they all returned to normal.
All in all your Update 3 is good and just like any online game(for exampol WoW).
Each time they relice an update there are bugs in it just like with this HUD from Mega Patch that dont work mining that you need to push a new update to fix bugs like that.
As for your mods...you was right all of your mods was contained in Update 3.
P.S Will get back to you tomorrow to se if there will be crashes or not until then nn @Ace Antilles:)
Hi. We want to try and help you but it's difficult to understand some of the issues you are saying.
Only the main rebel and imperial fighters will support the new Dynamic cockpits. Not all of the ships in the game so far.
Please can you post some pictures here of the issue. You can take screenshots in game by pressing Control and the Printscreen keys. They appear in the main game folder. You can convert them to jpg to attach here.

The Container Brick has changed it's look to an updated version of the original. As it shows in our Update 3 release forum post and the readme. The original release had a different look. That's not a bug that's the designers new version.
Where are you manually installing them one package at a time from? That's not on the XWAU page so you are altering things that aren't intended. it should look like this on the right.

Yes there can be bugs in new releases but the issues you are having other people aren't. Every PC has slight differences and it can be tricky to make everything work for everyone. We are doing this in our own time for free. The game is not great to run on older systems now for example.
I had already this week implemented some changes to the Babu Frik Configurator for our next release which may help simplify some options.

Anyway glad to see you have got it nearly all working. If you can post pictures of the last issues then someone will try and work it out when are free. Thanks

Paladinspat
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Paladinspat » Thu May 27, 2021 8:59 am

@Ace Antilles
Well to start with it the small HUD that i ment was that black small one in the middle of cockpit where it show shieps(besicaly centre one in the cockpit)
When i dont circle it move it X-Wing icon picture acordingly and when i select a shiep it not showing a shiep in it (as i recal ic black,complitly black,off or ic on but it show nothing on it screan)
The purple HUD where you se a select a shiep it display it normal(as ic vannila HUD)
Next where i am puling the pacages to install them one bay one was in your old XWAUP page long ago before it was all puted in one pacage as it is nau back then it was all seperated bay 1 pacage 1 shiep instalation etc at one time.Back then i downloaded them all and keaped them in safe pleace so if anithing change i can simply reinstall them:)
Ou but dont wory i am not atempting to reinstall them all manualy as i only instaled the container one because i liked the other model better(i am not seying i dont like the new model as i do like it but i only liked the old one as for me that is:)
As i seyed i am not atempting to install them all manualy because it wasnt needed and i will not duit because i found out for exampl that if i install TIE fighter stand alone pacage the ships in flight luck normal but when i select it in the HUD it cockpit have square luck in it(mining ic brocken up)
So after i so that i reinstaled the whole game etc and nau it luck as it shuld be and because i learned the mistake i will not duit again as if ic not working it is not working as i learned mine lasons:)
P.S whatever you tell me not to i promis i will not do so you dont need to tell me not to do as i promis you or i can asure you that i will not as onse mestake learned alvays learned:)
Ok sins all worked fine nau as all this what i seyed was back when i haved problem when it not worked then work nau:)
And nau lec sey one small ishues i found out.
I dont nou if ic YOGEME thing or Allied thing but there was a station caled ''Pirate Junkyd Base that was included in Mega Patch and Update 3 as it comed with it.I loaded the mission that i puted it in to take closer luck at hau it luck.I culdnt luck at it as mission crashed(probobly because of it) as i removed it from mine custom mission map and map loaded fine:)