Mega patch 1 update 3-4 Error

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

Mega patch 1 update 3-4 Error

Paladinspat
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Paladinspat » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:44 am

Hi i have a problem with Megapatch installing as it bring me a loads of errors when installing please help.
I dont nou if i need to install it like this
1.Mega Patch
2.Update 3
3. Update 4
Or just update 4
P.S I am curently reainstaling the game from 0%
Last edited by Paladinspat on Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:56 am

Update 4 includes Update 3 but it should update just fine on an Update 3 install.

Can you please share the errors you're getting?

Also, I'm moving this to the help forum.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Paladinspat
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Paladinspat » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:15 am

Update:
I reainstaled the Game,Mega Patch and all updates 3-4 in to new XWA folder but i have a question...
Where is TIE Shuttle and First Order versions! etc in sloths as i cant faind them...?
May gesing they are in Babu Frik's Configuration and they are instaled frue there...

Forceflow

Post by Forceflow » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:57 am

Paladinspat wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:15 am
Update:
I reainstaled the Game,Mega Patch and all updates 3-4 in to new XWA folder but i have a question...
Where is TIE Shuttle and First Order versions! etc in sloths as i cant faind them...?
May gesing they are in Babu Frik's Configuration and they are instaled frue there...
Those are not individual crafts but are variants of the Tie. So the OPT itself holds the geometry for all of them. In order to use them in a mission you have to alter the respective ini of the mission. This is done so that we do not use up additional slots.
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

Paladinspat
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Paladinspat » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:34 am

@Forceflow
Hey i nou i am lucking in to FlightModels for OPT of this ships but i dont nou hau they are called so culd you include there OPT names so i can luck for them ?:)
Also i nou i need to load them up in OPT panel option insuide MXvTED but as i seyed i need OPT names of TIE Shuttle and First Order versions! etc inside the FlightModels so i nou what i am using:)

Forceflow

Post by Forceflow » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:38 am

Again, there are no separate OPTs for those variants!
They are all packed into the Tie Bomber opt as additional profiles. If you open up the TIEBOMBER.OPT in an opt-viewer you will see that there's a mishmash of all variants being displayed. In order to view the single variants (profiles) you will need Jeremy's XWAOptProfilesViewer.

Paladinspat
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Paladinspat » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:53 am

@Forceflow
Culd you provide link to Jeremy's XWAOptProfilesViewer?:)
Tank you:)

Forceflow

Post by Forceflow » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:04 am

You can find the XwaToolsDownloader in the downloads section. When executed that will download all tools from Jeremy.

Paladinspat
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Paladinspat » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:33 am

@Forceflow
Ok ty i think i figre that out:)
I besicaly open XWAOptProfilesViewer and save for exampol to TIEBOMBER.OPT and open it other skin and save it and it will cange to the other skin i chose.
But in order to get defoult tie bomber skin i eather use defoult option in XWAOptProfilesViewer and return it to defoult one or i can make backup of TIEBOMBER.OPT and just replace it with old one and TIE bomber will be defoulted to normal one:)
Also i need to ask this...
There is probobly no SHP file to be shown in MXvTED but i asume i can open MXvTED and go to TIE bomber one OPT in opt panel in MXvTED and each time i want to convert it to SHP i open eathether TIE Bomber OPT from MXvTED OPT Panel and then use MXvTED to save it as SHP file or i can use Ship slot numbers to faind the TIE bomber Sloat numbers and as it open it description i can Save it as SHP files.
Be noted that i have idea incase i want ship to apear in allied is this way i am thinking of dung.
1.change TIE Bomber skin in XWAOptProfilesViewer then chose another one.
2.open it in MXvTED and locate TIE bomber sloth number then save it as SHP.
3.Repeat this for all skins to have SHP skins of all TIE bombers models.
P.S Sorry i nou you culd sey this may not work and i agre with you as it will not...but i seyed this so i can have all 3 modesl in Allied or YOGAME editor in 3 difrent sloaths in 3 difrent skins.
I nou there is no need for duing this but i wuld like to have all 3 instead of canging one:)
I also understand way it will not work and you can agre with me...
The TIE bomber is one OPT file that is conected to all 3 skins in one as there are nou other OPT files for thouse others OPT TIE bombers skins seperated from TIE Bombers OPT and sins ic all one TIE Bombers OPT file it cant be done:( and that is way it wuld not work:(

Forceflow

Post by Forceflow » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:16 pm

Can't help you with that, never messed around with SHP files of MXvTED, so you'd have to ask the others.

DTM

Post by DTM » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:58 pm

I warn that XWAU is a complex system and it takes very little to mess everything up. So I recommend making any changes very carefully. We do not take responsibility when the system is modified manually by users.

That said, the variants of fighters, which we call "Object Profiles", such as the TIE Shuttle and the TIE Bomber Advanced, were introduced for use by experienced players who know how to use a mission editor. For now, it is not possible to load these profiles into a Skirmish mission.

If you open the TieBomber.ini file located in the FlightModels folder, you will find these lines:

Code: Select all

[ObjectProfiles]
Default =		7, 8, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
TieShuttle =	8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 17, 18
Advanced =	7, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
Let's say you want to have the TIE Shuttle profile as your primary profile. In this case you should change the .ini file as follows:

Code: Select all

[ObjectProfiles]
TieBomber =		7, 8, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
Default =	8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 17, 18
Advanced =	7, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
This doesn't answer your question, but it helps you understand how things work.
Now, if you want the Tie Shuttle in a separate slot for your own Shipset, I recommend that you make a copy of all the TieBomber related files and rename them as TieShuttle. Then edit the Tie Shuttle .ini file as described above.

Haakan
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Haakan » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:46 pm

Could one create a "temp.ini" file as a workaround for the temp.tie file in skirmish folder?
Lt. Colonel A. Araujo
Commander, 7th SpecOps Squadron "Alpha"
Battlegroup I
Emperor's Hammer.

CMDR/LC Alejandro Araujo/Alpha/Wing I/ISDII Hammer/BGI