[Solved] Loading and hard drive usage (Faulty Hard Drive)

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

[Solved] Loading and hard drive usage (Faulty Hard Drive)

ReficuL
Recruit

Post by ReficuL » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:22 pm

UPDATE: It turns out the hard drive where I had the game installed is faulty, I tried to copy the game to move it to another hard drive and it got stuck. Fresh installation in a different drive and everything is smooth and fast as before.

Hi there,

I know I'm new here in this forum so I will introduce myself a bit before cutting to the chase.

I'm a spaniard and a big fan of the X-Wing, Tie Fighter series and I've never played X-Wing Alliance until now because I was hoping to get a version with better graphics, I know, a bit lame there. I really enjoy a good space sim and I love the old ones and I'm enjoying this one.

Now, cutting to the chase. I'm having issues with the game to the point that loading a mission has become impossible. I'm using Windows 7 BTW.

It all started at the middle of battle 2. Suddenly, it took some minutes to load a mission before I got the hangar displayed.

Today, I've been waiting for 30 minutes and still B3M1 won't load. I get to the loading screen, it takes really a while to get the progress bar to get to the end and... nothing.

Also, I noticed that the hard drive led is constantly in use and I can even hear the noise.

I have a:
i7 4790K
MSI 1070Ti
16GBs RAM

which should be sufficient. I'm going to try to move the game to another HD just in case that one is failing but, this is the only game in that hard drive that gets stuck and using a lot of resources.

I did install the Upgrade + 4.0 patch and then set the game in spanish. No extra mods.

I hope someone can provide any suggestions, otherwise I guess I'll need to backup my pilot, uninstall and install all again.

Best regards,
Refi.