[Solved] Wrong nav buoy

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

[Solved] Wrong nav buoy

benton18
Recruit

Post by benton18 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:39 pm

Sorry my English first.

In Battle 2 mission 1

Hallo! There is a bug in XWA - First mission after prologue battle, (first real rebel mission), after finish zone 1, there are 2 nav bojes, but when i want to get back to defiance and go in hyperspeed, i reach ZONE 2 instead. Nav Boje Zone 2 is about 1,5 klicks away in Zone 1 so i dont think it activated thats why, is this known?
Last edited by Ace Antilles on Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Solved

benton18
Recruit

Post by benton18 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:28 am

Can someone Double check this? Thanks

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:45 am

benton18 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:28 am
Can someone Double check this? Thanks
The mission has been play tested many times and has been fine.
That said, there was one anomaly I can see in the mission editor that maybe causing the issue to do with the Hyper Exit Buoy.

Download and copy this updated mission into the XWA Missions folder and see if it fixes the problem or not :)
Last edited by Ace Antilles on Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link removed
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

benton18
Recruit

Post by benton18 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:33 pm

thanks, but it did not work!
I did overwrite the file with mine, but nav boye does still not work:

See this video as a proof:

https://youtu.be/WO_nbJfe3PE

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:47 pm

benton18 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:33 pm
thanks, but it did not work!
I did overwrite the file with mine, but nav boye does still not work:

See this video as a proof:

https://youtu.be/WO_nbJfe3PE
I think there's some confusion here. I believe the mission you mean is:
[Joining the Rebellion] - Deep Space Strike Evaluation
Please confirm.

If so you can try the attached mission which I tweaked slightly. But I still don't know why no one else reported an issue. I've not tested in game
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

benton18
Recruit

Post by benton18 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:01 pm

Hi. Sorry for late answer. So it seems there is a wrong description on the boyes. I use German version. Also with your file it is still wrong boye. Like you can see in my video. When I fly other I reach the flagship to get new torpedoes. Greetings

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:28 pm

benton18 wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:01 pm
Hi. Sorry for late answer. So it seems there is a wrong description on the boyes. I use German version. Also with your file it is still wrong boye. Like you can see in my video. When I fly other I reach the flagship to get new torpedoes. Greetings
Can you confirm as asked above that we are now talking about the same mission please.
[Joining the Rebellion] - Deep Space Strike Evaluation
Otherwise we will never get it sorted.

I personally can't sort it out if it's not in english but it maybe just a bad translation.
How did you install it in German? Did you use our Babu Frik Configurator or a different method which may not be compatible.
Have you modded the game in any other way?

@Forceflow do you think you could help at all please? maybe check the mission tweak I posted above with a german language Babu change? Also Forceflow extensively tested the missions before release himself, so we know its not a common issue.

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:09 am

This definitely works in the English version, I ran the mission last Friday.+

Edit: He's approaching the Buoy and it's labelled as the point tot he defiance but before he jumps he gets the notification to jump to Target Area 2. A lot of the Buoys in this mission are quite close together.

I think Bill Morrison told me this is one of the missions he did, I know he did all the family missions, in extremis we can ask him if there's some mix up, but it seems bizarre this would pop up after 22 years.
1st Lt Sigurd "BattleDog" Stormhand, Assigned Corsair Squadron, Renegade Wing, CRS Vigilant.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:19 am

Yeah this looks like the XWA.tab is wrong and they flipped the names around. If you approach the Buoys you can see that the text coming up is correct (You can see it in the video 'Zielgebiet 2 durch Drücken der Leertaste anfliefen') which is where you end up. But the name of the buoy suggest it's going back to the cruiser. If you choose the other buoy it's the other way around. It's name implies it's target area 2, but it actually goes back the the Defiance. The names are governed by the XWA.tab.
I never played the game in German, but looking at the mission files I'd say this is something that was also wrong in the original already. (At least it doesn't look like the buoys were swapped)
If you change the following lines in the XWA.tab it is correct. (I added the line numbers, those are not present in the file)

Wrong

Code: Select all

2104: 1B0M8W_F70_1	KRZ Defiance
2015: 1B0M8W_F71_1	Zielgebiet 2
Correct

Code: Select all

2104: 1B0M8W_F70_1	Zielgebiet 2
2015: 1B0M8W_F71_1	KRZ Defiance
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:41 pm

benton18 wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:01 pm
If I interpreted @Forceflow instructions correctly then this should fix the issue.
Place this XWA.tab in your main XWA directory folder and overwrite the old one.
Hopefully that fixes it and makes it right. Keep a copy as until the next patch is released the wrong file could get replaced again.
Let us know how it works :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.