Low FPS drops the more I play HELP!

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

Low FPS drops the more I play HELP!

DarthHorn
Recruit

Post by DarthHorn » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:25 pm

Hey guys! I just downloaded the upgrade to my xwing alliance game. As I play my frame rate gets worse to the point where it's unplayable. I have a 2070 super and I7 9700 132GB of ram mdot I'm about to drive. Any help would be great! Thanks

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:02 pm

Can you describe the situation a bit more? What is your performance? What are your setting and what do you mean with 'the more I play' like in one sitting, in one mission or generally?
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

DarthHorn
Recruit

Post by DarthHorn » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:00 pm

So my performance is fine when the game starts but as I'm playing in one sitting it gets worse and worse and worse to where it drops down to about 10 frames a second. My settings are all maxed out Starfield density high texture resolution high explosion resolution high lighting sources ect. 1080P Everything in hardware only video is on.

blue_max
XWAU Member

Post by blue_max » Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:36 am

Have you checked that the game is using your GTX 2070? It should show in the Video Options menu.

What happens if you restart the game? Does that restore the performance?

How long do you have to keep playing to start noticing the impact in performance? A few minutes? Hours?

What type of hard disk do you have? Old disk drives may impact your performance if Windows decides it's time to do some other stuff in the background. Can you check the hard disk activity when the problem is happening? Something like this happened to me at some point. I fixed it by replacing my old disk drive with a Solid State Drive.

Can you check what's the memory usage when the problem is happening?