B5M6 - Emkay collides with container

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

B5M6 - Emkay collides with container

Hyberon
Recruit

Post by Hyberon » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:15 pm

When Emkay finishes docking with the cargo container, he tries to make his way back to the player's ship. Depending on where the player is positioned, it seems this can sometimes make him collide with the container (as he tries to pass through it), which destroys him and results in an instant mission failure.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:30 pm

Hyberon wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:15 pm
When Emkay finishes docking with the cargo container, he tries to make his way back to the player's ship. Depending on where the player is positioned, it seems this can sometimes make him collide with the container (as he tries to pass through it), which destroys him and results in an instant mission failure.
I don't think we can fix that. He will go to where ever the player is in a direct line I imagine.
Best is to try and get to him or move the ship around possibly
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Hyberon
Recruit

Post by Hyberon » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:50 pm

I suppose it might be possible to give him a waypoint to go to when he finishes docking, and only after that send the go home order.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:01 pm

Hyberon wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:50 pm
I suppose it might be possible to give him a waypoint to go to when he finishes docking, and only after that send the go home order.
Yes it could be possible to do that.
Kinda depends on how much time it takes for him to be picked up and how vulnerable to getting hit he will be
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost