[SOLVED] HELP needed - Joystick buttons not working in game

Any issues with the XWAU or X-Wing Alliance? Please let us know here!

[SOLVED] HELP needed - Joystick buttons not working in game

Lumpawaroo
Recruit

Post by Lumpawaroo » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:10 pm

Hello all!
I'm playing the gog version of XWA with XWAU on linux in wine, installed using lutris. I'm using a Logitech Extreme 3d Pro controller. All the various axes work, but some of the buttons - those on the hat and trigger (buttons 0-6) do not. However they do register in the controller configulator. I've searched here for someone with a similar issue with no luck. Any ideas how to fix this? Remapping the controls to the working buttons hasn't resulted in a great play experience. Thanks!

Edit - I have since attempted to try a different controller, a generic xbox controller, which is recognized and functioning in linux, and is recognized according to the configurator (all button presses register) but in game no buttons work. All axes are working.

Edit #2 - I got it working by using hook_joystick_ff.dll.old from a backup directory. It also works with no hook_joystick_ff.dll. Have no idea what hooks are, but if it works it's ok I guess? Maybe it will cause problems down the line, I´d love to eventually play this, and the TFC, in VR and I'm hoping to not mess up that possibility