Any ETA for the new installer?

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

Any ETA for the new installer?

Youda008
Recruit

Post by Youda008 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:47 am

Hello.

I'm planning to play through the original XWA campaign again but with the XWAU mods installed. However i'm getting slightly discouraged from the installation procedure and the possible issues that it can cause to the campaign.
I've read in several threads that you are planning to release a new installer that will contain all the balance fixes of the ships and missions. Now i need to decide whether i should wait for the new installer and play it then, or attempt to install everything as is right now.

So my question is: Is there any rough E.T.A. on the new installer? Is it going to be rather weeks, months, years or decades?

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:48 am

We're still working through bugs and adding new features. We don't want to rush it and have issues so we want it to be right
Ideally we are looking for asap. Weeks rather than months :)
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Youda008
Recruit

Post by Youda008 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:05 pm

That's awesome. Was expecting more like beginning of the new year. In that case i will wait ;)

marcop000
Cadet 1st Class

Post by marcop000 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:41 pm

Ace Antilles wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:48 am
We're still working through bugs and adding new features. We don't want to rush it and have issues so we want it to be right
Ideally we are looking for asap. Weeks rather than months :)
Hi Ace this is the right way, for my opinion.

The game actually can be compared to a recent game , the progress are incredible if compared to original.

I suggest you to take all time necessary to solve all bugs that actually is the only problem of this game.

Wait 6 months or 1 years is not problem if the final result is bug free.

Apart this if you can merge all in one installer (the user can choose in a wizard what want) can be very usefull and very easy for everyone, not only for a member of this forum.

And then, if we want migrate all the game to Full HD I can upscale all game menu to 1920x1080 (in this case is necessary hook the mouse click coordinate the match the new resolution).

Howver probably this is not the right moment for this, we can discuss, if you want, in the next release, when the game will more stable.

Thank for all !