Offer to translate xwaupgrade into Spanish

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

Offer to translate xwaupgrade into Spanish

AzzameenF18
Recruit

Post by AzzameenF18 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:15 am

Hello, I am Pedro Millán "Azzameen", I would like, if you see it feasible, to offer to translate the "launcher" to Spanish. I think it would not be a bad idea, within the installation package, to choose the language (eye, of the launcher and the XWA.TAB and fronttxt.txt file) because if you include audios and videos will weigh a lot (that everyone can copy them from their disks, but at least, have the texts in the language you want.

I hope you like the idea, and if it is necessary to work on some file to adapt the original translation on the XWAUpgrade installation, I also offer myself.

Best regards and thank you very much for your time

highorph
Cadet 4th Class

Post by highorph » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:01 pm

Hola Azzameen. I think I read somewhere that the team is working on a multilingual version of the XWAU. This new batch will include fixed xwa.tab files to use with your non English version game. Maybe I'm wrong and this was just a wet dream so I'll let the team to confirm. Remember that the game was already translated so the work is done.

highorph
Cadet 4th Class

Post by highorph » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:08 pm

Nope, it was marco the one mentioning it.

viewtopic.php?t=13323

Nevermind, sorry for the confusion!

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:51 pm

AzzameenF18 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:15 am
Hello, I am Pedro Millán "Azzameen", I would like, if you see it feasible, to offer to translate the "launcher" to Spanish. I think it would not be a bad idea, within the installation package, to choose the language (eye, of the launcher and the XWA.TAB and fronttxt.txt file) because if you include audios and videos will weigh a lot (that everyone can copy them from their disks, but at least, have the texts in the language you want.

I hope you like the idea, and if it is necessary to work on some file to adapt the original translation on the XWAUpgrade installation, I also offer myself.

Best regards and thank you very much for your time
Hi Pedro. What was said above is correct. In Update 4, available in the near future, there will be an option in the Babu Frik Configurator to change languages.
You will be able to select English, French, German, Italian, Spanish.
That will add a new fixed XWA.Tab without any compatibility options. Hopefully. :D

I didn't know that the fronttxt.txt file also needs converting. If you have a spanish version of that then I maybe able to include it.

Converting other areas of the game is hard, especially unless one of the team speaks the right language.
I'm not sure we can easily change things like the launcher itself but it maybe something we can do in the future.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

AzzameenF18
Recruit

Post by AzzameenF18 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:05 pm

Hi, I am glad that a "multi-language" option is in the works. I have always copied the file both XWA.TAB and fronttxt.txt to "translate" my installation.... (apart from WAV and video) but I think it is because there is some text that is not in the XWA.TAB and it is fed from that TXT.

For anything you need, just ask for it. Thank you very much for everything!