[Solved] Installing the upgrade pack on CD Version

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

[Solved] Installing the upgrade pack on CD Version

BuRny
Recruit

Post by BuRny » Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:03 pm

Hi there, my name is Björn.

I am new here and i have a little problem installing the "mega patch 4" i have downloaded a few days ago. But first, sorry for my bad english :)

A few weeks ago i found my old original german CD copy of X-Wing Alliance. I am using Windows 10 and i have installed the game by using the modified setup files from http://www.markusegger.at/Games. Installation was fine, the game would also start. I installed the update 2.02 for XWA an the tried to install the mega patch. Setup begins and runs to step 3/6 "installing game patches". At 78,3% [36/46] an error occurs. I have made 2 screenshots.

Can anyone help with this problem? It would be great if its possible to play this game again with a betteer look after all the time.

Thanks in advance :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Ace Antilles on Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Solved

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:15 pm

Did you install the XWAU 2020 first? The Update 4 is just a feature pack for the XWAU 2020, from the looks of it you are trying to install that one without installing the main pack first.
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

BuRny
Recruit

Post by BuRny » Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:40 pm

Hallo and thank you for your answer.

No, i did not install the xwau first, i had understood that the mega pack alone is sufficient.

I will try to download and install the xwau 2020 first and tell you if it works.

Thanks a lot :)

BuRny
Recruit

Post by BuRny » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:57 pm

Hi again.

I have uninstalled completely my xwa installation, made a clean new installation, updated to 2.02 and then installed XWU2020 and the update pack. Now it works fine.

Thank you for the hint :)