is it possible to change the Preset ships on Flight Sim Tour missions

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

is it possible to change the Preset ships on Flight Sim Tour missions

JinKazama16
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by JinKazama16 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:36 pm

Hi Everyone

I was wondering is it possible to change the Preset ships on Flight Sim Tour Missions
Like if You play the Family Missions instead just the Preset Transports you can add the FRS, Lambda, Outrider

I can do this on the Main Campaign but when playing on the FlightSim it reverts back to the Preset Transports
Han Solo: She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:50 pm

JinKazama16 wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:36 pm
Hi Everyone
I was wondering is it possible to change the Preset ships on Flight Sim Tour Missions
Like if You play the Family Missions instead just the Preset Transports you can add the FRS, Lambda, Outrider
I can do this on the Main Campaign but when playing on the FlightSim it reverts back to the Preset Transports
To define the list of crafts that appear in the hangar crafts selection menu, create the following files in the main XWA folder:
- "CraftSelectionTransports.txt"
- "CraftSelectionFighters.txt"
- "CraftSelectionCrafts.txt"
If the files don't exist, default values are used.

CraftSelectionTransports define the crafts that appear when the mission player craft is a transport.
CraftSelectionFighters define the crafts that appear when the mission player craft is a fighter.
CraftSelectionCrafts define the crafts that appear in the Proving Ground.
See "CraftSelectionTransports.txt", "CraftSelectionFighters.txt", "CraftSelectionCrafts.txt"

It's also done in the Mission. In Allied on the Datapad the second tab - Options - Optional Ships
Same in Yogeme. The options tab.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

JinKazama16
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by JinKazama16 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:23 pm

Thanks Ace it Worked :)
Han Solo: She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself.

CmdrKettch
Cadet 4th Class

Post by CmdrKettch » Sat Jun 17, 2023 4:24 pm

My apologies if this counts as a necro, but I do have some questions about this.

First, does the above-described solution only affect flight simulator tour missions, or ALL missions--flight simulator or not? (EDIT: I've confirmed that the campaign missions are not affected by this; I still wonder if there is a way to affect the Pilot Proving Grounds as well.)

Second:

Code: Select all

; ModelIndex_001_0_0_Xwing

; ModelIndex_002_0_1_Ywing

; ModelIndex_003_0_2_Awing

; ModelIndex_004_0_3_Bwing

; ModelIndex_014_0_13_Z_95
These are from CraftSelectionFighters.txt. I imagine that one must use a similar ID scheme for each craft one hopes to add to the selectable craft list; I don't think you can simply add, say, "TIE Fighter" and have the engine recognize the string. Is there a list of these ID codes for each craft?

Doitjust4fun
Recruit

Post by Doitjust4fun » Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:29 pm

Also would like to know how to add ships to Tour simulator missions. I see that the first part "ModelIndex # lines up with the shiplist.txt file, but what about the info after the index number. _0_#_shipname? Where are you getting the 13 for the Z-95? And what would it look like to add the T-Wing?