XWA vs XWAU Scoring

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

XWA vs XWAU Scoring

Genie
Recruit

Post by Genie » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:07 pm

Question to the Devs:

Are there any changes programmed in, in how the scoring is calculated for XWAU (compared to XWA).
For example,

- type of ship destroyed (each ship has a nominal value)
- AI difficulty
- use of warheads / countermeasures
- laser accuracy
- loss of wingmen / personal craft
etc

If yes, could we have a list please?

Genie

Driftwood
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Driftwood » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:15 am

As far as I know there have been no intentional changes to how scoring works. Generally the aim is to keep balance as close to vanilla XWA and/or lore as possible where the two aren't at conflict for gameplay balance.

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:51 am

These days, the objective is to get as close to the vanilla experience as possible. Previously, there was a push to be closer to the "Lore" but that doesn't really work because many of the ships, like the Lambda class shuttle, are very different Lore wise and it kinda breaks the game.
1st Lt Sigurd "BattleDog" Stormhand, Assigned Corsair Squadron, Renegade Wing, CRS Vigilant.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.

BattleDog
Rebel Alliance

Post by BattleDog » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:51 am

These days, the objective is to get as close to the vanilla experience as possible. Previously, there was a push to be closer to the "Lore" but that doesn't really work because many of the ships, like the Lambda class shuttle, are very different Lore wise and it kinda breaks the game.
1st Lt Sigurd "BattleDog" Stormhand, Assigned Corsair Squadron, Renegade Wing, CRS Vigilant.

Corsair 8, Squadron TrO.

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:33 am

We didn't intentionally change the scoring, but there have been reports of strange behavior when it comes to the scores. I don't think we tracked the issue down yet, but I cannot remember.
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

Genie
Recruit

Post by Genie » Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:05 pm

Thank you for the prompt reply.
The reason I ask is because we (=Emperor's Hammer) are currently testing it.

I'll reply to this thread if we find something definitive out

Questions to help us pin it down:
- does XWAUP have any additional AI difficulties or was the AI difficulty changed in any way?
- have any of the standard components of the craft been changed when compared to their XWA vanilla counterparts?