Possible Checkpoints or Quick Saving Mod?

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

Possible Checkpoints or Quick Saving Mod?

theymightbedavis
Recruit

Post by theymightbedavis » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:02 pm

First of all, this is incredible that you guys have transformed the game to look and sound so beautifully authentic and detailed - it is a true pleasure to experience.

I have wondered if it may be possible to mod the game so that there is the option to have checkpoints or the ability to quick save and quick load - I realize this may be a hard no, because that goes way beyond replacing visuals and effects.

Checkpoints or Quick save would be a huge quality of life booster in this game, as many missions involve trial/error for how to approach or thread the needle just right (or sometimes simply just what makes you fail an objective). I know many people may embrace the harshness of needing to play again from the beginning of the mission, but for those times when a player does not want to rehash some of the more tedious parts to get a chance at a redo, the option to skip the earlier part would be amazing.

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:53 pm

Hello there and thank you for your appreciation! :)

I doubt this will be possible to implement given that it would be a fundamental change in how missions are handled.
Then again, so many things were considered impossible few years ago so you'll never know what comes next.

@JeremyaFr do you think something like that would be possible to achieve?
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear