Custom missions and campaigns?

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

Custom missions and campaigns?

CaptainKoloth
Cadet 4th Class

Post by CaptainKoloth » Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:42 am

Hello everyone! I'm coming over here after a long time with the Freespace community. I played XW, TIE, XvT, and XWA back in the day, so I love that XWAUP is here! Just got it running in VR and it looks fantastic. A question as I learn what's going on here in the community- is there much in the way of custom campaigns or missions or is most of the activity focused on the graphical upgrades? For Freespace there's more user-generated campaigns than you can shake a stick at, but for XWA I've pretty much just found ports of TIE and XW/XvT campaigns, and then a bunch of links to old websites that look to have died many years ago. Is there anything I'm missing? It's ok if not, I'm just trying to understand what's out there.

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:28 am

Unfortunately in terms of custom campaigns and missions there's really not too much. There is of course the Tie Fighter Total Conversion which comes with all 13 battles from the original Tie Fighter game and the expansion packs, as well as up to Battle 9 for the re-imagined campaign. (Which really is a much different experience) Other than that there are bits and pieces, but with the loss of the DSUCP a lot of the older stuff no longer works. There is some stuff in the works, but I don't know of any ready to play full blown campaigns other than the TFTC.
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:34 am

There are still a number of custom missions available on various sites, the ones that don‘t use any add-on craft should still be working. Take a look here:

https://www.xwingoutpost.com/
https://redleaderxwa.webs.com/
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Avarice1987
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Avarice1987 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:23 pm

There is an expansion campaign in the works called embers of the empire, I am one of the testers, it is very good.

http://www.xwaupgrade.com/phpBB3/viewto ... 01#p186001

Haakan
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Haakan » Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:53 pm

TC.emperorshammer.org

There's a lot of custom missions on the compendium
Lt. Colonel A. Araujo
Commander, 7th SpecOps Squadron "Alpha"
Battlegroup I
Emperor's Hammer.

CMDR/LC Alejandro Araujo/Alpha/Wing I/ISDII Hammer/BGI