Family Missions with a Z-95

In here you can discuss what is going on in the project, offer help, praise or critique!

Family Missions with a Z-95

Red_3
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Red_3 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:27 am

I always thought Ace should have had a flashier ship to justify the nickname, so I've been re-making most of the family missions such that Ace typically flies his own Z-95 the "Saber". I'm mostly done with the campaign mission adjustments, but was thinking I might put some extra effort in to make them even smoother if anyone around here has interest in such mission adjustments for a new play-through. Please let me know to give me that extra motivation. Otherwise, I'll plan to keep this little project to myself. ;)
"This is Flight Cadet Ray Borlin reporting for duty."

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:01 pm

Are you making totally new missions or just redoing the original ones?
Sounds like a fun idea though. Good luck 😎
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Meta-BH
Recruit

Post by Meta-BH » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:05 pm

This sounds very fun and I'd love to play those missions if you ever release them. :)

Red_3
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Red_3 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:44 pm

Hey Ace. You know you first turned me onto this scene back when the XWAU was a 4 ship rebel starfighter pack. Thanks for helping this project along, it's really stood the test of time and made XWA still the best X-Wing game (sorry Squadrons, only second best I'm afraid).

What I've done is slightly adjusted the existing missions to reflect that Ace flies a Z-95 "Saber" (and that the Sabra never existed). This is mostly changes made in the family missions, but a few in the Rebel campaign as well where appropriate. There's even a family battle or two I may not change at all. Trying to keep this very immersive and to follow the spirit of the campaign.

Edit: If there's interest in the idea from more people, I'll also plan to get into the emails and add further immersion in the idea of the different ship changes that I'm making. For just me I don't feel the need.

Red_3
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Red_3 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:20 am

Hey, wanted to post an update. My computers have both died, so I cannot keep working on the missions. I have them mostly done. Pretty much they shoudl all work as far as I know except the last family mission, which is still broken for some reason. If anyone wants to pick it up where I left off, update the thread and I can email you the updated mission list.

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:44 am

If you want you could 0lace them in a zip file and post them on the forum. This way they wouldn't get lost. If you cannot do that because of your broken PCs you can send them to me and I'll upload them here. Just PM me if you want to
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project