Tour Multiplayer Hook

A Forum dedicated to the Suggestion, Creation and Editing of XWA Dynamic Link Library Files

Moderator: JeremyaFr

Re: Tour Multiplayer Hook

buzzoid
Recruit

Post by buzzoid » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:06 am

Thanks for the installation guide. In the end, that's exactly how I did it and I even got the newer starfields working so far (only tested it alone though). So everything is fine for me.

Although my question is still open. It's true, that the missions aren't greyed out if you install the MISSIONS folder from the original files. But it was mentioned (a few posts earlier), that these folders don't need to be installed with the updated hooks and that's why I thought there must be another way. But maybe there has been a misunderstanding somewhere :).

guru_redeye
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by guru_redeye » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:11 pm

Well actually I'm currently only having Jeremy's xwa_hook_tourmultiplayer_WIP_2105121428.zip and the tactical officer hook installed. I have utterly skipped Justagai's XWA_TourMultiplayer_Hook because I am focusing on my own multiplayer mission projects. This way, besides my custom missions, only the default sp tour missions are available in the tour multiplayer menu and all of them are greyed out, no multiplayer versions in the list.

Btw I realized that accessing missions which are greyed out is not as easy as just clicking some more on them.

Here's how it actually works:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

buzzoid
Recruit

Post by buzzoid » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:57 pm

I tried this method already. But it didn't load the mission when 2 players are assigned to the same ship. Only player 1 can actually continue and go into the loading screen, where he's going to be stuck as player 2 doesn't have a continue button at all and can only withdraw from the mission.

Well it doesn't really matter as the other method with the 8P missions works for me. ;) I was just wondering if I missed something regarding the updated hooks. The only thing I could complain about is that background (the one which is on the screenshots guru_redeye sent), which makes things hard to see. It's like everywhere, even in solo mode (debrief screen). But it's not that game-breaking; more of a cosmetic issue.

capitanguinea
Galactic Empire

Post by capitanguinea » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:11 pm

Every player has to be on a different FG. You have up to 8 fg slot for plsyers. By the way in in game players fg can be merged in globsl units and or global groups.

guru_redeye
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by guru_redeye » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:24 pm

Well yes that's a single player mission because as I've described it above I use the multiplayer hook only for my custom multiplayer missions so I don't have the 8 player tour missions installed, I only have the hook itself. I just wanted to demonstrate how to access a mission that's greyed out using tour multiplayer mission list.

EDIT: I admit that the 4th picture is misleading. It seems to tell that you could place 2 players in 1 ship what I have actually never tested. My actual intention was to show that all missions which are greyed out are still available from the mission list.

CupcakeFS
Cadet 4th Class

Post by CupcakeFS » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:54 pm

buzzoid wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:57 pm
I tried this method already. But it didn't load the mission when 2 players are assigned to the same ship. Only player 1 can actually continue and go into the loading screen, where he's going to be stuck as player 2 doesn't have a continue button at all and can only withdraw from the mission.

Well it doesn't really matter as the other method with the 8P missions works for me. ;) I was just wondering if I missed something regarding the updated hooks. The only thing I could complain about is that background (the one which is on the screenshots guru_redeye sent), which makes things hard to see. It's like everywhere, even in solo mode (debrief screen). But it's not that game-breaking; more of a cosmetic issue.
Did you try editing the ship with Mxvted4.2? You might have to make Flight Mode: GunnerFlyable

CupcakeFS
Cadet 4th Class

Post by CupcakeFS » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:18 am

If I made a (well formed) custom mission for XWA, with players on opposing teams, would the multiplayer hook work? Or, do all the human players have to be on the same team? Sorry, I don't know enough about the technical details to figure this out myself. I'm thinking about it in terms of recreating the XvT functionality where you could play a mission with some humans on the Rebel side and some on the Empire side. I know you can kind of already do this with the skirmish mode.

If the multiplayer hook wouldn't let you do that with XWA, then what causes the roadblock? Functionality that just hasn't been implemented in the hook, or something baked into what it means to be a XWA campaign mission?

guru_redeye
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by guru_redeye » Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:18 pm

buzzoid wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:57 pm
... The only thing I could complain about is that background (the one which is on the screenshots guru_redeye sent), which makes things hard to see. It's like everywhere, even in solo mode (debrief screen). But it's not that game-breaking; more of a cosmetic issue.
Even if it's quite late to contribute to this thread, everyone who has problem with seeing/reading things displayed before the background in Flight Simulator/Multiplayer/Tour of Duty menu create a backup of and replace the file "XWingAlliance\Frontres\CONCOURSE\CREATE.CBM" with the one zipped in the attachment of this post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:01 pm

UPDATE

Hello,
I've updated the tour multiplayer hook.

You can download it with XwaHooksSetup.

By default the tour multiplayer hook is disabled.

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:18 am

UPDATE

Hello,
I've updated the opt limit hook.

I've disabled the checksum error message in multi when desync.

EliteBane
Cadet 4th Class

Post by EliteBane » Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:02 pm

Hello guys, I am trying to play XWAU coop (with the original campaign missions) and I have gotten some aspects working, but I wanted to ask and see if anyone has found other workarounds to my issues.

Setup: First, we both installed XWAU2020, then XWAU2020update_v5.0.exe using the exact same choices at install to avoid any conflicts. For some reason when using patch 6, his brand new desktop with an i713700k and a 4070 crashes when launching to the hangar on any skirmish or campaign mission, so we're both using patch 5 for now which works flawlessly....
Next we installed the TourMultiplayerHook 2.1.1 from the first page of this thread.
Lastly we installed the xwa_hook_tourmultiplayer_WIP_2105121428 update.
We both went into the hooks.ini and enabled the tourmult to 1 so we can see the tour option in multiplayer, and we both use gameranger to play together.

We also downloaded a mission pack that I got from here ages ago: http://amiralaria.free.fr/xwam_an.php. It basically adds a bunch of skirmish mission files that only work when loading temp.tie versions of the skirmish variant of the campaign missions.

Problem 1- When playing with the tourmultiplayer_WIP_2105121428 hooks, we are able to fly the missions together and hear in game dialogue, but we cannot change our craft type before launching the game. Is there any way that players in slots 2-8 can fly something besides Toscan fighters? When trying to select a craft in the menu before pressing Launch, we can click on our craft and the text is selectable and turns yellow instead of being stale blue, but nothing happens and we cannot change our craft.

Problem 2- When trying to play with the skirmish variants of the campaign missions, we can change our craft, but in game there is no audio dialogue. The radio chatter comes across as text, but we do not hear any of the dialogue.

We would really like to be able to choose our craft and hear the dialogue and if anyone has any idea if this can be done any help would be greatly appreciated!