Controller config issues

A Forum dedicated to the Suggestion, Creation and Editing of XWA Dynamic Link Library Files

Moderator: JeremyaFr

Controller config issues

sobeach
Cadet 4th Class

Post by sobeach » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:02 am

I have installed xwa_hook_joystick_ff_WIP_2009271425.zip and I am attempting to set up my controllers. I have 7 controllers that I use and I see that the hook patch supports only 2. So I am trying to figure out the numbers for my joystick and throttle in the Xwa.joystick.Config file.

I have inserted "0" for the first selection "main axis and buttons" and the joystick seems to work fine. However, I cannot seem to get the throttle number correct. In the Windows game controller app, my throttle is listed as Number 3. I have inserted 3 in the remaining two choices (controller used for throttle and axis used for the throttle) and that did not work. So I inserted 2 (3-1) for these choices and still no joy.

Any suggestions? I am using the Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and joystick,

JeremyaFr
XWAU Member

Post by JeremyaFr » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:55 pm

Hello,
The controller indices start from 0 and controllers that are not connected are ignored.

sobeach
Cadet 4th Class

Post by sobeach » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:51 pm

I have done some additional experimentation on the joystick issue. I have 7 controllers and they are all connected and windows shows all 7. In addition, the hook file shows 7 controllers beginning with number 0. In the windows app, I have designated my joystick under the advanced tab and the game has no problem using the joystick as number 0.

As a test, I designated button 3 as a command on all of the remaining controllers and tested each one in the game. When I pressed button 3 on each controller, nothing happened in the game.

I have selected "0" as the main controller in the Xwajoystick program.

So my questions are: what effect does the designations of the throttle have in the Xwajoystick program?
What else can I do so that at least one of my other controllers can be used in the game?