XWAU 2023 - Work in progress

All the XWAU recent release news from the project can be found here

Re: XWAU 2022 - Work in progress

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:01 am

Tony Knightcrawler wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:03 am
Still looking forward to this very much!
Work still continues but the full 2022 is still aways off. But we hope to have some more news for you all very soon :D
And as you can see Vince still teases us with his lovely destroyers!
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Avarice1987
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Avarice1987 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:47 pm

Sieht sehr schön aus Vince, die Drillingstürme auf der Axialen Achse werden wen ich da Richtig sehe nicht modelliert?
Bin schon auf den Überarbeiteten Typ 2 gespannt, die von dir sollen ja weniger auf die FPS gehen, wenn ich das Richtig verstanden habe.
Ich hoffe natürlich, dass Sie trotzdem, den Wumms an Feuerkraft haben, welche das letztes Jahr veröffentlichte ISD 2 Modell eben auch hat
Looks very nice Vince, the triple towers on the axial axis are not modeled if I see correctly?
I'm already looking forward to the revised type 2, which of you should go less on the FPS, if I have understood correctly.
I hope, of course, that they still have, the Wumms of firepower, which has the ISD 2 model released last year also has

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:11 pm

Avarice1987 wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:47 pm
Sieht sehr schön aus Vince, die Drillingstürme auf der Axialen Achse werden wen ich da Richtig sehe nicht modelliert?
Bin schon auf den Überarbeiteten Typ 2 gespannt, die von dir sollen ja weniger auf die FPS gehen, wenn ich das Richtig verstanden habe.
Ich hoffe natürlich, dass Sie trotzdem, den Wumms an Feuerkraft haben, welche das letztes Jahr veröffentlichte ISD 2 Modell eben auch hat
Looks very nice Vince, the triple towers on the axial axis are not modeled if I see correctly?
I'm already looking forward to the revised type 2, which of you should go less on the FPS, if I have understood correctly.
I hope, of course, that they still have, the Wumms of firepower, which has the ISD 2 model released last year also has
Doch, die sind da. Man sieht sie evtl. wegen der Auflösung nicht.
Actually yes those are there. You may not see them due to the resolution.
ISDTurrets.jpg
On that note I've mostly using the Rogue one model for reference now rather than the the ANH version, as it has not only added sorely missing lights and general details but also restructured the frontal details of the Superstructure which now is more similar to that of an ISD2 and as such resembles an actual deck layout which makes more sense in my eyes.

For the main turrets I have actually recreated both versions, the ones from ANH as well as the new ones seen in Rogue One. (tho I like the ANH ones better)
As far as performance goes, I've done some quick testing with half a dozen ISD1s on the screen and using the new DDraw, FPS was stable at about 220 :)

The ISD2 model is still in the works. I'll probably post some first impressions later this summer when the ISD1 is nearing completion.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

Tuskin
Ensign

Post by Tuskin » Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:29 pm

Oh that's neat. I love the Rogue One version.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:52 pm

Hello pilots! Been a while but there are still bits of progress going on. Summer is a slow point for a lot of us due to life and stuff.
There's been a lot of technical improvements with Hooks and features which will make nice additions.

Something I want to show a quick teaser off today is the improved Firespray ship from @Master Qui-Gon

Firespray.jpg

MQG has done a lot of variations and improvements to the ship which will give users a lot of variety.
That plus dedicated FG laser colouring and new laser and flyby sounds will be included too.
We will show more when closer to completion I'm sure.

But we haven't forgotten about a certain family member either :D

Andrasta.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Haakan
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by Haakan » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:59 pm

Vince T wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:06 am
Speaking of bumping, might as well tease you a bit :D
A7B6FCDB-5754-4228-8002-51121013462A.jpeg
Beautiful!! Awesome work Vince!
Lt. Colonel A. Araujo
Commander, 7th SpecOps Squadron "Alpha"