[B2M3]Battle 2 - Mission 3: Kill K'Armyn Viraxo

Here we can have in-depth discussions about which missions need to be adjusted because they are broken either by original design or by XWA models.

[B2M3]Battle 2 - Mission 3: Kill K'Armyn Viraxo

the_stag
Rebel Alliance

Post by the_stag » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:30 am

I'm not sure if this is in the scope of this project, or this section of the forum but I don't know where else to put it. The 2 FRT groups in this mission both have a formation that causes 2 of the 3 craft in each group to collide with each other. This isn't game breaking, and it probably wouldn't even be noticed unless you're flying around checking out all the cool new models. It was well after the mission objectives (except for the one to escape) are completed. Once the FRT's start for their hyperspace point, they slowly converge on one another and BOOM! This is far from game breaking, but it was immersion breaking for me. I changed their formation from "Diamond 1" to "Line Astern" and that appears to have fixed it.

The other "issue" I found is that the imperial GUNs are named the same as the bounty hunter Z-95s (Raven). Again, this is nothing that causes an issue, it's just weird. GUNs should have names like Tau, Rho and Mu. I changed the GUNs in this mission to be name Rho, since it also starts with an R.

A mission with the changes listed above is attached. Feel free to use it or not. Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:25 pm

the_stag wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:30 am
I'm not sure if this is in the scope of this project, or this section of the forum but I don't know where else to put it. The 2 FRT groups in this mission both have a formation that causes 2 of the 3 craft in each group to collide with each other. This isn't game breaking, and it probably wouldn't even be noticed unless you're flying around checking out all the cool new models. It was well after the mission objectives (except for the one to escape) are completed. Once the FRT's start for their hyperspace point, they slowly converge on one another and BOOM! This is far from game breaking, but it was immersion breaking for me. I changed their formation from "Diamond 1" to "Line Astern" and that appears to have fixed it.

The other "issue" I found is that the imperial GUNs are named the same as the bounty hunter Z-95s (Raven). Again, this is nothing that causes an issue, it's just weird. GUNs should have names like Tau, Rho and Mu. I changed the GUNs in this mission to be name Rho, since it also starts with an R.

A mission with the changes listed above is attached. Feel free to use it or not. Thanks!
I've taken a look and this was an issue left over from the original game.
The changes make sense. Thanks for spotting it I will add it to our next release. :)
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:27 am

@Ace Antiles that mission is also a mess on the message side, with multiple message not having the correct voice file applied to it.

I did some correction on that front and I can send you the file if you wish
Rookie One, is that you?? - Ru Merleen, Rebel Spy at Imdaar Alpha
Current Holder of the Frying Pan of Death

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:56 am

Rookie_One1 wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:27 am
@Ace Antiles that mission is also a mess on the message side, with multiple message not having the correct voice file applied to it.

I did some correction on that front and I can send you the file if you wish
Message me on that other chat program place that I shall not name 🤣
I won't be able to get back to you for a while
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

LPhoenix
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by LPhoenix » Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:29 pm

I managed to clean up the messages. All the ones which have voice files are now working, and I think they make sense.
Opening the mission file in YOGEME actually resulted in triggers with different message numbers than what they actually got triggered by ingame. Not sure what's up with that, but that is now also cleaned up with this version

B2m3.zip

Changes:
- Changed Global Unit of LINER Sea Sprite from 3 to 0, as numbering for one craft didn't make sense and it fixes that FRT Aratech started from 2
- Changed Global Unit of XIY/T Bebel Gas from 0 to 4, so they have numbering
- Changed the trigger for message #14 (YOGEME) from "100% of Message #15 must be shown" to "100% of Message #23 must be shown"
- Changed the trigger for message #16 (YOGEME) from "100% of Message #17 must be shown" to "100% of Message #15 must be shown"
- Changed the trigger for message #17 (YOGEME) from "100% of Message #18 must be shown" to "100% of Message #16 must be shown"
- Enabled message #18 (YOGEME) and added the trigger of "100% of Message #17 must be shown"
- Enabled message #19 (YOGEME) and added the trigger of "100% of Message #18 must be shown"
- Removed message #21 (YOGEME) as it had no audio file
- Changed message #23 to #22
- Changed message #24 to #23 and changed trigger "100% of Message #25 must be shown" to "100% of Message #22 must be shown"
- Changed message #25 to #24
- Removed message #26 (YOGEME) as it had no audio file
- Renamed all the audio files to play with their corresponding messages correctly (no change was needed in the .lst file)
- Changed arrival conditions of GUN Rho 1 and Rho 4 from "100% of Message #18 must be shown" to "100% of Message #16 must be shown"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.