[B4M6] Battle 4 - Mission 6: Protect Imperial Computer

Here we can have in-depth discussions about which missions need to be adjusted because they are broken either by original design or by XWA models.

[B4M6] Battle 4 - Mission 6: Protect Imperial Computer

Mrowaksu
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Mrowaksu » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:25 pm

I played this mission this week and realised you can lose it if DREAD Mercury is destroyed even if it delivers Escape pod to Region 3. Thing is, sometimes it manages to escape Region 2 with 100% Hull, sometimes with something like 30% Hull - it's so random. Then it may be destroyed by a single salvo from the Executor in region 3. This seems to me unfair - there is literally nothing the player can do to prevent that.

I don't know if this mission has been already fixed, but I fixed and I think improved some of its aspects:

1). DREAD Mercury must Hyper to region 3 as a primary objective, but no longer has to survive in there.
2). DREAD Mercury has speed increased to 56 from 40 - the speed it has in Region 2.
3). Independence now increases its speed to 60 once it intercepts the escape pod (that's max for this ship according to Wookipedia, and it makes sense they push their pedal to the metal when they are being pursued by the Executor. Plus it makes this already overlong mission a little bit shorter).
4). Changed Independce Mission form "this craft must complete mission" to "this craft must leave Region 3" - for some reason it sometimes did not register as complete.
5). Removed Depart Waypoint from the Independence in order to accomodate the above.
6). Instead, added order to hyper to region 4 to Independece once original waypoint is reached.
7). CONTORVERSIAL: I added extra A-wing wing in region 3 - for some reason my teammates almost never survive Region 2 and sending only 4 craft against waves upon waves of Tie - interceptors is kind of tall order.

I did it just because it was fun. If you have a better solution that's cool too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Forceflow on Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Title Adjusted

Mrowaksu
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Mrowaksu » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:33 pm

BTW, is there any way to make The Independence shields weaker (meaning more percentage should be taken down per hit)? It can survive salvo upon salvo of Torpedo runs and focuse-fire from the Executor. My idea is to make player responsible for guarding the Independence from Tie Bombers (as per orders from Admiral Ackbar) and A-wings for engaging with Tie Interceptors.

WebDog
Cadet 4th Class

Post by WebDog » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:19 pm

There's a way to break this mission if you disable the Avenger too soon, which is pretty easy with the B-wing. What happens is the Razor doesn't get boarded and the rest of the mission doesn't trigger. Destroying it in this state also takes out the Corvette so it's an instant mission over - there's no alternative way out.

I've also noticed the bonus points for destroying the Avenger is 500, the strategy guides list it as 1000.
-WebDog

LPhoenix
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by LPhoenix » Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:24 pm

I've found a really small bug in this mission.

1B4M6B.TIE

Changes:
- Added T/F Beta to Global Unit 11, so now they have proper numbering
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.