[B6M3] Battle 6 - Mission 3: Raid Mercenary Base

Here we can have in-depth discussions about which missions need to be adjusted because they are broken either by original design or by XWA models.

[B6M3] Battle 6 - Mission 3: Raid Mercenary Base

St@rkiller
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by St@rkiller » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:51 pm

Played this mission on vanilla multiple times without any issues but with XWAU Craft Pack 1.6, is almost impossible. No matter what I do, every single time the Otana just keeps attacking the base.

Any idea why?
Last edited by Forceflow on Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed title

St@rkiller
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by St@rkiller » Fri May 07, 2021 5:24 pm

Back on this mission. Still the same issue.
😢

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Fri May 07, 2021 5:28 pm

I'll have a look @St@rkiller

St@rkiller
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by St@rkiller » Fri May 07, 2021 5:38 pm

Blazingfirestorm wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 5:28 pm
I'll have a look @St@rkiller
Great, Thanks!

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Fri May 07, 2021 6:12 pm

I have a question did you order your wingman to attack the base ?

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Fri May 07, 2021 6:36 pm

Parking fail.png
I think the Strom unit pilot failed their flying license

Anyway I played the mission and otana was fine it didn't attack the base at all, it could @St@rkiller be that otana is attacking it due the player ordering it to do so
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

St@rkiller
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by St@rkiller » Fri May 07, 2021 9:31 pm

Thanks a lot for the feedback @Blazingfirestorm.

No, I did not ordered anyone to attack the base. At one point I ordered my Sqn to attack the Marauder Corvette or the Bulk Cruiser. After some (mostly frustrating) search, I found out the issue seems to be by the Otana getting hit while docking.

From this site:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/145678 ... /faqs/2518

"You must make sure that the Otana does not get hit by enemy fire during the docking
procedure. If this happens, it will cancel the docking and start shooting at the base.
Since the bomb won't be disarmed, you know you will lose the mission. Restart."

and from

http://www.makeitsimple.com/gaming/game ... sion3.html

"There is one tricky problem to keep aware of, though - if the Otana is hit by friendly fire while docked, it will immediately disengage and attack the station, basically ending the mission in failure."

Note: One mentions "enemy fire" while the other "friendly fire", I think it doesn't matter from which side it does...

PS: Yes, storm unit has been doing some crazy stuff lately (I might be wrong, but seems to be after patch 3).

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Fri May 07, 2021 10:14 pm

ok thanks for that it seems the problem is if the otana is hit to much that it cancel it's docking which means the base blows up, it doesn't matter to much that the otana is hitting it due to the platform being invincible and the only thing that can destroy it is it self destruct order, This is an issue that for me is unfixable sorry all I can do is to give my advice just follow the hints that you posted and as the you see in my screenshot the mission can be complete

St@rkiller
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by St@rkiller » Fri May 07, 2021 11:57 pm

Thanks again for checking. I don't know anything about mission editing and might be wishful thinking but, could there be any parameters that could be modified to prevent the Otana from aborting the docking and attacking the base?

Blazingfirestorm
Cadet 1st Class

Post by Blazingfirestorm » Sat May 08, 2021 10:27 am

I'm afraid not, it's ability to cancel it's order can't be change in the editor the player should be able to stop it from attacking the base by ordering it to ignore target
Last edited by Blazingfirestorm on Sat May 08, 2021 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

St@rkiller
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by St@rkiller » Sat May 08, 2021 12:55 pm

Blazingfirestorm wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 10:27 am
I afraid not, it's ability to cancel it's order can't be change in the editor the player should be able to stop it from attacking the base by ordering it to ignore target
😢

Thanks a lot for the info. Will try and see how it works.

WebDog
Cadet 4th Class

Post by WebDog » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:17 pm

Has the M-CRV been beefed up with the XWA upgrades? It's one incredibly tough ship to fight and even on easy with all the remaining fighters firing at it holds its ground and snipes Eamon out of the sky.
-WebDog

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:01 pm

The M/CRVs are very tough and dangerous ships, I don't think we changed them and I do distinctly remember fearing them a lot when I first played XWA.
The position of the Turrets was slightly changed which could possibly give them a bit better coverage but I cannot see it making too much of a difference. Do keep in mind though that for some reason that we don't fully understand it does appear that the XWAU is harder than vanilla XWA in general.
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

WebDog
Cadet 4th Class

Post by WebDog » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:56 am

I think there was a post that suggested because CPUs are faster the AI targeting is snappier as a result. Combined with slightly better laser coverage on some of the ships and it's quite a challenge. One tactic is to use locked on torpedoes as bait for the main turrets as the AI tends to focus on that.

The M/CRV in this mission is a pain because the B-wing moves at the perfect speed to get shot at.
The other small problem in this mission is your wingmen will naturally engage it when you've run out of craft so it can result in a mission failure right after you've won.

It might need a small tweak in its hardpoints to reduce the laser coverage and drop the shielding by 5% so it's not as much as tank.
-WebDog

LPhoenix
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by LPhoenix » Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:03 pm

I've found that there is a primary and secondary goal in the mission, which are actually the exact same thing, so I removed the secondary. Also added some crafts to the Mission Craft List, as it was completely empty

1B6M3B.TIE

Changes:
- Removed the Secondary Goal "100% of Global Group 1 must be destroyed", as it's already a primary goal
- Made both it's first two arrival conditions of B-W Gold to always (TRUE) (In Mission Craft List)
- Made both it's first two arrival conditions of X-W Red to always (TRUE) (In Mission Craft List)
- Made both it's first two arrival conditions of YT-2000 Otana to always (TRUE) (In Mission Craft List)
- Made both it's first two arrival conditions of FRS Andrasta to always (TRUE) (In Mission Craft List)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.