[B1M6] Stop Resupply of ISD Corruptor

Here we can have in-depth discussions about which missions need to be adjusted because they are broken either by original design or by XWA models.

[B1M6] Stop Resupply of ISD Corruptor

Wotan Weave
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Wotan Weave » Mon May 24, 2021 7:06 pm

My son and I have been playing through the first battle with all the new updates which are incredible by the way. Fantastic job.

A couple of issues in this mission to look at:

1) The CTRNS Vo seems pretty overpowered as far as its defensive fire. I don't know if it's an issue of the increased firing rate or if this model has more weapons hardpoints now but it inflicts way more damage than it should.

2) We had to try this mission quite a few times before beating it because when you hyper into the 2nd area pursuing the resupply group all the b-wings and x-wings bail on you immediately and head home. Initially we thought it was because we had destroyed all the transport craft in the first area so the b-wings reached the 2nd area and didn't detect any targets. But when we left transports alive, they bailed out anyway. They ignored any orders to attack other targets, too. The only order they would take was to "wait." Without their help you immediately have loads of TIES attacking you which makes life difficult.

Any ideas? Has anyone else experienced this? We're running the steam version with the latest XWAU megapatch (5/4/21) updates.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Mon May 24, 2021 8:23 pm

Wotan Weave wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 7:06 pm
My son and I have been playing through the first battle with all the new updates which are incredible by the way. Fantastic job.

1) The CTRNS Vo seems pretty overpowered as far as its defensive fire. I don't know if it's an issue of the increased firing rate or if this model has more weapons hardpoints now but it inflicts way more damage than it should.

2) We had to try this mission quite a few times before beating it because when you hyper into the 2nd area pursuing the resupply group all the b-wings and x-wings bail on you immediately and head home. Initially we thought it was because we had destroyed all the transport craft in the first area so the b-wings reached the 2nd area and didn't detect any targets. But when we left transports alive, they bailed out anyway. They ignored any orders to attack other targets, too. The only order they would take was to "wait." Without their help you immediately have loads of TIES attacking you which makes life difficult.

Any ideas? Has anyone else experienced this? We're running the steam version with the latest XWAU megapatch (5/4/21) updates.
The CTRNS had issues in the past with having too much firepower, that's been corrected now. Just call them a good shot :D
It does look like the CTRNS is still set to Ace level which is very high. I thought that had been changed before release but seems not.

All the missions were play tested before the 2020 release and all passed but there's another topic related to this mission that may help.
https://www.xwaupgrade.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 35&t=12723

@Blazingfirestorm as you have been good with missions recently, may I ask if you have some free time you can give this a fly and see what you think please? :)
Maybe the custom version from Mrowaksu works ok. Thanks
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed May 26, 2021 12:03 pm

Wotan Weave wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 7:06 pm

I've reduced the AI level of the CTRNS down to Officer again. Try this and see if it's easier.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wotan Weave
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Wotan Weave » Wed May 26, 2021 6:13 pm

Thanks a lot, we'll give it a shot.

RandomChain
Cadet 4th Class

Post by RandomChain » Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:27 am

Any more tips for this mission? I've been trying for a few days to finish it on medium.
I can make it fine until the 2nd shuttle launches, as I go after it the TIE interceptors get me and I'm too slow to dogfight them in a B-wing. Other rebel craft are sleeping or something, no one comes to help even when I spam "cover me" commands or call for reinforcements.
What am I supposed to to here?

LPhoenix
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by LPhoenix » Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:33 pm

I've came across two issues in this mission:
- Numbering of T/F Beta starts at 3
- Only 11 GUN is in Region 2 when you arrive, instead of the 12 GUN defined in the mission

I made a fix for these issues:
1B1M6G.TIE

Changes:
- Changed GU of A-W Blue from 7 to 9, as 7 was used by both T/F Beta groups
- Changed Z coordinates of Start Point 1 of GUN Mu 1 from 60 to 50, as Mu 5 was crashing into one of the asteroids and got down to 1% hull and it just fled right after arriving. This way it doesn't collide
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LPhoenix
Cadet 2nd Class

Post by LPhoenix » Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:42 pm

I noticed a few more problems in my previously fixed version linked above:
- MOB Sormus didn't jump to the 3rd region
- FRT Polis was going far away from everything in the 3rd region
- CNVYR Benar, XIY/T Kalif and XIY/T Tilark were going on a patrol in the 3rd region

A few more fixes I made:
1B1M6G.TIE

All the changes:
- Changed Z coordinates of Start Point 1 of GUN Mu 1 from 60 to 50, as Mu the leader was crashing into one of the asteroids and got down to 1% hull and it just fled right after arriving. This way it doesn't collide with the asteroid
- Changed the Secondary Goal from "Each Craft of GG 3 must be inspected" to "100% of GG 3 must be inspected", so you get 100 more bonus points for inspecting all the convoy
MOB Sormus:
- added a second order in region to: Hyper to Region #3 (Mev System)
- added proper waypoints for it's 1st order in the 3rd region
FRT Polis:
CNVYR Benar, XIY/T Kalif and XIY/T Tilark:
- changed the number of loops for their 1st order in the 3rd region from 5 to 1

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:17 pm

LPhoenix wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:42 pm
I noticed a few more problems in my previously fixed version linked above:
- MOB Sormus didn't jump to the 3rd region
- FRT Polis was going far away from everything in the 3rd region
- CNVYR Benar, XIY/T Kalif and XIY/T Tilark were going on a patrol in the 3rd region

A few more fixes I made:
1B1M6G.TIE

All the changes:
- Changed Z coordinates of Start Point 1 of GUN Mu 1 from 60 to 50, as Mu the leader was crashing into one of the asteroids and got down to 1% hull and it just fled right after arriving. This way it doesn't collide with the asteroid
- Changed the Secondary Goal from "Each Craft of GG 3 must be inspected" to "100% of GG 3 must be inspected", so you get 100 more bonus points for inspecting all the convoy
MOB Sormus:
- added a second order in region to: Hyper to Region #3 (Mev System)
FRT Polis:
CNVYR Benar, XIY/T Kalif and XIY/T Tilark:
- changed the number of loops for their 1st order in the 3rd region from 5 to 1
Thanks very much for your help!
I've added the mission to our future update.

Sinful_Rose
Recruit

Post by Sinful_Rose » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:59 am

Hi all,
Is this mission somehow bugged? I've no problem destroying 90% of the convoy in region 2 (100% is impossible as 2 ships hyperjump before you can even reach them) and with full shields I hyperjump region 3. Here I destroy the 4 shuttles, but suddenly T/F and T/I are simply too much to deal with and kill me in seconds. I tried to fight some Ties while destroying the 4 shuttles but it didn't help. No way to go for the last cargo ship still on the field and complete the mission.
Playing on medium, last version of XWAU in VR with new active cockpits.

Other question: can I play XWAU with default vanilla XWA missions parameters? If yes, how? And is it recommendable?

Thanks

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:36 pm

@LPhoenix should have a video that might help