The Definitive FAQ Thread for TFTC

A forum for the TIE Fighter Total Conversion Project (TFTC). Here you can find out news, updates, FAQs or just ask questions about the project.

Moderators: AngeI, Bman

Re: The Definitive FAQ Thread for TFTC

Dax
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Dax » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:41 pm

theonegalen wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:48 pm
Dax wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:18 am
There seems to be a joystick quirk where it wants to roll on me when I maneuver. My joystick settings work fine in XWAU (up is up, down is down, etc., roll is push a button and turn left or right). Is this built into the game? Do I need to modify my joystick settings in some way?
For one thing, most craft have roll and yaw combined in their "yaw" axis - a feature of the original Tie Fighter and XWA. Is that the behaviour you're talking about?
The experience I'm having is that a full yaw turn results in a pure roll. This is different from the yaw turns in XWA and XvT (and original TIE Fighter as I remember it), where there will be a slight roll component to the yaw, but you can still execute a lateral turn. I'll keep playing with the joystick options to see if I can fix it that way.

Dax
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Dax » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:42 pm

capitanguinea wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:09 pm
Dax wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:18 am
There seems to be a joystick quirk where it wants to roll on me when I maneuver. My joystick settings work fine in XWAU (up is up, down is down, etc., roll is push a button and turn left or right). Is this built into the game? Do I need to modify my joystick settings in some way?

Also, is it possible to set craft waves so that if you die once the mission is over? Realism is painful, but I like it that way. :)
s
You should edit the player Flight Group for this, making it a solo, in a global unit to build the full squadron. Totally possible.

Would I do that within the game or in the code?

capitanguinea
Galactic Empire

Post by capitanguinea » Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:01 am

You simply edit the mission file wirh AlliED ot Yogeme mission editor. It is a simple but tedious and ripetitive work to do each mission

capitanguinea
Galactic Empire

Post by capitanguinea » Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:02 am

You simply edit the mission file wirh AlliED ot Yogeme mission editor. It is a simple but tedious and ripetitive work to do each mission