Bug Reports

A forum for the TIE Fighter Total Conversion Project (TFTC). Here you can find out news, updates, FAQs or just ask questions about the project.

Moderators: AngeI, Bman

Re: Bug Reports

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:06 pm

No, this seems to be an extremely rare issue, I don't know what might cause this at present. Are you sure the mod has been installed correctly? Could be the files have not copied across during install. Have you tried a completely fresh installation? Did the TFTC installer close halfway through without any input from you? If so that would imply the mod has not installed properly.

tailmister
Recruit

Post by tailmister » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:47 am

[Bug,Crash] Can no longer play TIE Fighter Conversion 1.0 after some time.

Installed the mod last night and I enjoyed it so far (but I think we need instructions on how to disengage landing gear and s-foils on Assault Gunboats), however, when I got to Battle 1 Mission 2, The game gave me an error and it crashed, something about not loading 3D models or whatever. Below is the Windows Event log for the first time.

I tried to play twice more, and it gave me the same error. Afterward, every time I try to select a mission, the game just boots me out completely. Even when I try to play the original X-Wing Alliance with the Upgrade mod, it would no longer load any missions.

I'm running Windows 10, and My X-Wing Alliance was installed on Steam.

Edit: I was trying to reconfigure my joystick controls while in the game, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 7/8/2021 2:01:46 AM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: DESKTOP-22TV32O
Description:
Faulting application name: XWingAlliance.exe, version: 2.0.0.2, time stamp: 0x3765a9b7
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1082, time stamp: 0xca3356a4
Exception code: 0xe06d7363
Fault offset: 0x0012b4c2
Faulting process id: 0x2190
Faulting application start time: 0x01d773cf5c51d2a6
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars X-Wing Alliance\XWingAlliance.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 14737e47-e256-4aa8-a104-0518f28cc858
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-07-08T08:01:46.4994902Z" />
<EventRecordID>66050</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>DESKTOP-22TV32O</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>XWingAlliance.exe</Data>
<Data>2.0.0.2</Data>
<Data>3765a9b7</Data>
<Data>KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
<Data>10.0.19041.1082</Data>
<Data>ca3356a4</Data>
<Data>e06d7363</Data>
<Data>0012b4c2</Data>
<Data>2190</Data>
<Data>01d773cf5c51d2a6</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars X-Wing Alliance\XWingAlliance.exe</Data>
<Data>C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
<Data>14737e47-e256-4aa8-a104-0518f28cc858</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

smm2303
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by smm2303 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:32 am

Oh Pls change missile lock sound. Its irritating.

the_stag
Rebel Alliance

Post by the_stag » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:20 pm

This isn't necessarily for TFTC, but I found the landing gear command (Ctrl+L) mentioned here. I found what appears to be a summary of many of the new commands in the file "READ-THIS-FIRST.txt" hidden away in a backup folder. But this doesn't include Ctrl+T which is for the target box toggle, that I found in hooks.ini. There may be others, but you get the idea.

Is there a place or document that has a full slate of commands (esp. the new ones) that now work with XWAU and TFTC (in case there are any differences)? Can you point us to it? I feel this list should be easy to find in the main "X-Wing Alliance" game folder and/or easily found on the site here. Thanks in advance!

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:56 pm

the_stag wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:20 pm
This isn't necessarily for TFTC, but I found the landing gear command (Ctrl+L) mentioned here. I found what appears to be a summary of many of the new commands in the file "READ-THIS-FIRST.txt" hidden away in a backup folder. But this doesn't include Ctrl+T which is for the target box toggle, that I found in hooks.ini. There may be others, but you get the idea.

Is there a place or document that has a full slate of commands (esp. the new ones) that now work with XWAU and TFTC (in case there are any differences)? Can you point us to it? I feel this list should be easy to find in the main "X-Wing Alliance" game folder and/or easily found on the site here. Thanks in advance!
@Vince T has been working on a shortcut guide post.
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:26 pm

smm2303 wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:32 am
Oh Pls change missile lock sound. Its irritating.
This has already been done for the upcoming patch.

Bailknight
Recruit

Post by Bailknight » Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:07 am

On Reimagined battle 4 mission 1 that start launch from a gozanti cruiser if I died return to hanger with shuttle scene not play and UI also not visible for choose refly or exit to debrief.

Also I don't know this is intended but on Reimagined battle 4 mission 2 friendly craft never touch enemy gun platform and just RTB after destroying enemy base and ships.

brakogar
Recruit

Post by brakogar » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:17 am

AngeI wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:06 pm
No, this seems to be an extremely rare issue, I don't know what might cause this at present. Are you sure the mod has been installed correctly? Could be the files have not copied across during install. Have you tried a completely fresh installation? Did the TFTC installer close halfway through without any input from you? If so that would imply the mod has not installed properly.
Thank you again for replying. Yes I have done a fresh install a couple of times now but will try again just for sanity's check. Every time it installed correctly with no errors as per the install video. I always win the dark lottery if its a rare issue :)

I will let you know.

brakogar
Recruit

Post by brakogar » Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:07 am

brakogar wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:17 am
AngeI wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:06 pm
Thank you again for replying. Yes I have done a fresh install a couple of times now but will try again just for sanity's check. Every time it installed correctly with no errors as per the install video. I always win the dark lottery if its a rare issue :)

I will let you know.
Success! :)

I started again from scratch including downloading a fresh steam copy of X-Wing Alliance. However this time before installing anything more I started the game vanilla to allow the 'Steam first time setup' to happen. After that I installed the upgrades as per the video and it worked! Not sure if starting the base game on its own is what did it but it worked this time.

Thank you all for your help :)

Bailknight
Recruit

Post by Bailknight » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:34 pm

Warning plot spoiler.

On Reimagined Battle5 Misson1 I can land on Protector and complete mission from there that is betrayed and turn against me during mission. Also when targeting her text say she is friendly despite of shooting at me. This issue may be caused by limitation of XWA mission script but it looks like bug so I mention here.

Also in crew quarter Tie fighter model ,big empire flag and a blaster souvenir description are all wrong as they are all say it's Tie/In.

Edit : Tie advanced model in crew quarter seems have blaster pistol description.

Tigellinus
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Tigellinus » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:20 pm

Helllo,
i have problem with mission 7 in Battle 12. here i must destroy 3 rebel starship and 50 percent of rebeel starfighters. I destroy always 3 starhips and 43percent starfighters and i tried be patient hole hour and nothing came not from hyperspace.
What i i must do for completing this mission.
Thank for your answer.

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:56 pm

Tigellinus wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:20 pm
Helllo,
i have problem with mission 7 in Battle 12. here i must destroy 3 rebel starship and 50 percent of rebeel starfighters. I destroy always 3 starhips and 43percent starfighters and i tried be patient hole hour and nothing came not from hyperspace.
Thank for your answer.
Hi, this is a bug in the mission, you can use the attached file here as a quick fix as it reduces the threshold to 33%
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:57 pm

Bailknight wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:34 pm
Warning plot spoiler.

On Reimagined Battle5 Misson1 I can land on Protector and complete mission from there that is betrayed and turn against me during mission. Also when targeting her text say she is friendly despite of shooting at me. This issue may be caused by limitation of XWA mission script but it looks like bug so I mention here.

Also in crew quarter Tie fighter model ,big empire flag and a blaster souvenir description are all wrong as they are all say it's Tie/In.

Edit : Tie advanced model in crew quarter seems have blaster pistol description.
Thank you for the report, we've already fixed the description issues in Reimagined, an incorrect file as applied it seems. As for the VSD Protector friendly, its on the wrong team :D

tailmister
Recruit

Post by tailmister » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:33 am

I noticed a weird oddity.

On TIE Fighter Conversion Training Mission 3, the TIE Bomber training one, I try to do what I can to the cruiser, but the cruiser flies close to my training platform and eventually destroys it. When I press q for quit, the game spazzes out and does some weird things before I'm kicked off the game.

fnslayeroc
Recruit

Post by fnslayeroc » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:41 am

3rd Mission when I landed to reload the tie bomber, the game suddenly decided i had s-foils and they were closed, and i couldnt open them either, then after pushing a bunch of buttons it was also claiming i had a landing gear down lol

fnslayeroc
Recruit

Post by fnslayeroc » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:38 am

Ok so after having the weird event happen at the end of the 3rd mission with the guns not firing and the game thinking the Bomber has s-foils, I did another mission with the bomber and happened to notice as i exitted the hanger, the game said my s-foils opened... The Game also will bring u back by default s-foils closed if you eject, it happened to me in the X-g1 havent tried it with the Bomber to see if it would make that happen ejecting yet tho.

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:07 pm

That's a known issue. A fix is being developed but it really only affects you in the training mission. Possibly in the simulator as well if you do skirmishes, not sure about that)
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

Bailknight
Recruit

Post by Bailknight » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:22 pm

On final phase of Reimagined Battle 6 mission 2 I was instructed to land on research facility but even I fly through the whole hanger bay "press space to land" message did not appear so I couldn't land on it. I can still finish mission by land on frigates in my case Starviper.

fnslayeroc
Recruit

Post by fnslayeroc » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:18 pm

The Mission Trap the rebel fleet, Its the mission before the cutscene you get with thrawn overseeing repairs to the imperial outpost. The M/CRV Gespin somehow entered hyperspace making fail the mission regardles of the fact there was an interdictor nearby, I had to do the mission a few times to find out who was hypering, then work to make sure it died to pass the mission. Im using the enhanced version of the mod not the classic so im unsure if that matters or not...

Tigellinus
Cadet 4th Class

Post by Tigellinus » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:03 pm

AngeI wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:56 pm
Tigellinus wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:20 pm
Helllo,
Thank for your answer.
Hi, this is a bug in the mission, you can use the attached file here as a quick fix as it reduces the threshold to 33%
Thank you very much.

Bailknight
Recruit

Post by Bailknight » Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:24 am

Had some issue on Reimagined battle8 mission5 where you capture mag pulse tech from rebel platform. At the very last part of mission I cleared every mission object and outcome was victory so I was try to land on VSD Stalwart as I told to do so over comms then suddenly she open fire upon me. I don't know what cause this and I didn't shoot her before. Nonetheless I can still land on her and finish the mission.

Edit: Just finished every Reimagined campaign currently available. It was really great experience. Thank you for your hard work and looking forward future battles!
Edit2 : I should mention that on Reimagined final mission (B8M6 I think) Admiral Zaarin's reinforcement ISD fleets are red color coded like friendly instead of white or grey that enemy empire faction has.

ZakMcRofl
Recruit

Post by ZakMcRofl » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:49 pm

Not really a bug, more of a balancing issue. I am really stuck at B7M1 Reimagined ("Destroy the Protector"). I consider myself a veteran player and had no trouble so far, but I am now at around 40 attempts on medium with no luck. My wingmen die relatively quickly, I even tried leaving them back at the interdictor to use them later on, also didn't help. The sheer amount of B-Wings and Y-Wings that immediately fire all of their photon torpedos combined with a massive amount of enemy figthers that target the player directly makes me question how this can be juggled.
Do others have the same trouble? It feels like the battle draws you and/or your wingmen too close to the enemy capital ships which keeps taking out your wingmen early, causing you to be pretty alone by the time it counts (B-Wing and Y-Wing killing).

I don't mind a challenge but this seems 10x harder than all previous missions that I breezed through.

Here is a video of one guy doing it, not sure on what difficulty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCIPJN-Ip2c&t=1053s
I noticed that the first two TIE-Advanced he attacks don't shoot rockets at him which is the case for me, so maybe he is playing on easy.

EDIT: Since this is my first post here, I totally forgot to add that THIS FUCKING ROCKS! Thanks for making this Total Conversion, it's so epic to play TIE Fighter again in modern resolutions.
Last edited by ZakMcRofl on Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:26 pm

ZakMcRofl wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:49 pm
Not really a bug, more of a balancing issue. I am really stuck at B7M1. I consider myself a veteran player and had no trouble so far, but I am not at around 40 attempts on medium with no luck. My wingmen die relatively quickly, I even tried leaving them back at the interdictor to use them later on, also didn't help. The sheer amount of B-Wings and Y-Wings that immediately fire all of their photon torpedos combined with a massive amount of enemy figthers that target the player directly makes me question how this can be juggled.
Do others have the same trouble? It feels like the battle draws you and/or your wingmen too close to the enemy capital ships which keeps taking out your wingmen early, causing you to be pretty alone by the time it counts (B-Wing and Y-Wing killing).

I don't mind a challenge but this seems 10x harder than all previous missions that I breezed through.

Here is a video of one guy doing it, not sure on what difficulty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCIPJN-Ip2c&t=1053s
I noticed that the first two TIE-Advanced he attacks don't shoot rockets at him which is the case for me, so maybe he is playing on easy.

EDIT: Since this is my first post here, I totally forgot to add that THIS FUCKING ROCKS! Thanks for making this Total Conversion, it's so epic to play TIE Fighter again in modern resolutions.
You are not alone, that mission is just really, really tough. Even with my best flying and doing a lot of strategizing I couldn't beat it. There is a modified version available for that mission:
B7M1-R.zip
That should be part of the first update that is supposed to come out tomorrow. (Not 100% sure if that is the final way the mission will be, but should be very close)
There's a bunch of missions that received tweaks, for now those can only be found in the official TFTC Discord.

It's still not easy, but at least I finally managed to beat it with this iteration. No idea what kind of a superhuman pilot you needed to be to beat that...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

ZakMcRofl
Recruit

Post by ZakMcRofl » Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:54 pm

Forceflow wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:26 pm
ZakMcRofl wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:49 pm
Not really a bug, more of a balancing issue. I am really stuck at B7M1. I consider myself a veteran player and had no trouble so far, but I am not at around 40 attempts on medium with no luck. My wingmen die relatively quickly, I even tried leaving them back at the interdictor to use them later on, also didn't help. The sheer amount of B-Wings and Y-Wings that immediately fire all of their photon torpedos combined with a massive amount of enemy figthers that target the player directly makes me question how this can be juggled.

You are not alone, that mission is just really, really tough. Even with my best flying and doing a lot of strategizing I couldn't beat it. There is a modified version available for that mission:
B7M1-R.zip

That should be part of the first update that is supposed to come out tomorrow. (Not 100% sure if that is the final way the mission will be, but should be very close)
There's a bunch of missions that received tweaks, for now those can only be found in the official TFTC Discord.

It's still not easy, but at least I finally managed to beat it with this iteration. No idea what kind of a superhuman pilot you needed to be to beat that...
Thanks Forceflow, I "solved" it by switching to Easy and did the mission first try. Good to hear others have trouble with it. Looking forward to the update and I will make sure to visit the Discord

sector001
Recruit

Post by sector001 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:32 am

I have an issue while in the games menu, space station and mission briefing's( The HD part right at the start of the briefing has good FPS for some reason) I have very low FPS but once I launch a mission my FPS is smooth and fine. Any tips?