TFTC Mission 2-4: Capture Enemies

A forum for the TIE Fighter Total Conversion Project (TFTC). Here you can find out news, updates, FAQs or just ask questions about the project.

Moderators: AngeI, Bman

TFTC Mission 2-4: Capture Enemies

firewing2
Recruit

Post by firewing2 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:15 am

So a couple of things about this mission.

First, what I believe is a bug, my wingmen target the objective shuttle and destroy it unless I order them to ignore it. I think they're supposed to focus it down with ion cannons, but they use lasers instead and kill it. Shift+I fixes this, since the attack transport never has trouble disabling the target, but it's bizarre to watch otherwise. If I disable the shuttle immediately, they still fly in and shoot it down while the transport is trying to board it.

Second, I can't beat this mission, even on easy difficulty. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but no matter what I do, Omega 1 is destroyed every time. As near as I can tell, the second squadron of friendlies (Tau) goes to hyperspace as soon as the boarding is complete, and all the enemy fighters immediately just start unloading concussion missiles at the transport from every angle. I'm able to shoot down 10-12 V-wing fighters, but there's just nothing I can do about the transport getting destroyed before it evacs. Open to any suggestions.

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:31 am

That's a know bug, check the Bugs thread for an updated version of that mission
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

firewing2
Recruit

Post by firewing2 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:47 am

Oh thank god... I spent 2 hrs banging my head against that mission wondering what I was doing wrong... The patched file fixed it no problem.

Thank you!