My Deep and Profound THANKS to the community and modders

A forum for the TIE Fighter Total Conversion Project (TFTC). Here you can find out news, updates, FAQs or just ask questions about the project.

Moderators: AngeI, Bman

My Deep and Profound THANKS to the community and modders

Tusc
Recruit

Post by Tusc » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:53 am

I have played these games for years fanatically. First as Keyan Farlander and then Maarek Stele. I even had the large missions compendium for TF which fleshes out his story. I probably still have it stored away. XWA was fun on its own, too. But then some wizard came out with the original TFTC 1-8 and I was an ADDICT. I kept waiting for 9-13 but it never came. Later, I found that is *maybe* had been released briefly before it disappeared.

I go searching from time to time, every few years, for other worthy work but I had given up.... the world had moved on, new gamers had low expectations and interests, no one even makes games for joysticks anymore, and even joysticks themselves are now $400 for something slightly more functional and oversized than I want.

I was just calling it a night after tweaking a TON of mods for Mexhwarrior 5: Mercs after it's latest DLC release when I happened upon a random algorithmic feed on YouTube for TFTC. "Ha! Good memories. I'll watch it."

WOW!

A 2am thrill better than Christmas morning in the G.I.Joe era. LOL

So I am unzipping my old copies of XWA (I have multiple for various mods and versions including the old TFTC) and downloading and storing ALL the potential files for this mod. Why? Because in 20 years I want to still be able to fire this madness up and go tearing around in a T/I or a T/D ripping hell out of some A-wing rebel scum and any who would dare turn against the Emperor.

So yes. THANK YOU ALL for this opportunity.

Now to go see about getting my Saitek Cyborg Evo to work with this mod!

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:35 pm

Hello, welcome and thank you for the kind words. I hope you enjoy the mod! :)

PunkFriday
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by PunkFriday » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:41 pm

Yes, thank you to all, TFTC is a work of art and worth the wait!