TFTC Linux support

A forum for the TIE Fighter Total Conversion Project (TFTC). Here you can find out news, updates, FAQs or just ask questions about the project.

Moderators: AngeI, Bman

TFTC Linux support

RandomChain
Cadet 4th Class

Post by RandomChain » Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:16 pm

This issue was discussed in the Discord before, but I didn't see an answer there and since I don't always follow the channel I though to ask here too.

I'm running the mod with patch 1.1 and works almost prefectly thanks to the Lutris installer. The only issue still seems unsolved is that movies fail to play, if I understood correctly it's because of a missing codec in wine.
I'd be happy to know if there is any solution or workaround for this problem.

DTM
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by DTM » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:21 am

The movies are in mp4 format. You may find them in the movie folder. Try playing them from the movie folder, to confirm that it is indeed a codec problem. If not, the problem would be in the game. Unfortunately, we do not have the ability to perform the tests ourselves.

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:17 pm

Sorry I missed this one. Currently the cutscenes will not work in Lutris despite help from a Lutris developer.

RandomChain
Cadet 4th Class

Post by RandomChain » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:55 am

Is there any fix planned in the future? Some way to convert the movies to the original format or something like that?