[QUE] How do I buy the devs of XWA and TFTC a beer?

A forum for the TIE Fighter Total Conversion Project (TFTC). Here you can find out news, updates, FAQs or just ask questions about the project.

Moderators: AngeI, Bman

[QUE] How do I buy the devs of XWA and TFTC a beer?

d3rt13n
Cadet 4th Class

Post by d3rt13n » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:15 am

Dear Dev Team,

More than 25 years or so ago, I purchased Tie Fighter (on floppies), X wing Vs Tie Fighter (on cd, acutally 2 CD's) and X-Wing Alliance (again on 2 CD's), yep there were no DVD roms yet.

I have played and modified opts, IVFILES and config files to have my favorite Star Wars game (at that time X-Wing VS TIE-fighter) the way I like it. VR however, was beyond my knowledge.

The product that you ladies and gentlemen released, is astonishing. I have always said I would pay to have a VR version of X-wing Vs Tie fighter.

I guess you guys delivered, and more than that. Squadrons is what it is and that will probably be the end of it, since the devs there don't seem to grasp the difference between a game as a 'service' and 'DLC'.

I would like to thank the X-Wing Alliance team to have made this gem, so I can finally play one of my all time favorite games in VR.

Where can I donate to give you guys a few bob in return?

Thank you.

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:14 pm

@d3rt13n thanks for the offer, however neither the XWAU nor the TFTC accept any sort of donations due to us wanting to make very sure we stay on the good side (or under the radar) of Disney. While a patreon might not necessarily incur the wrath of Disney's lawyers you just never know.
The thought is highly appreciated and your thanks does mean a lot to us. Just keep spreading the word!
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

d3rt13n
Cadet 4th Class

Post by d3rt13n » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:28 pm

I am not affiliated to Di$ney in any way, but I do understand that in times like these, where hypocrisy and cover-ups are valued over truth and righteousness, simply because power, profit and property is at stake, you politely decline my offer.

Please keep doing what you are doing. You people are doing what developers like Particle Systems for example where doing when they created their games:

The righteous would make games for gamers by gamers. Not for any other reason. You are legends. Keep up the great work.

... and yes, I will spread the word.

blue_max
XWAU Member

Post by blue_max » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:29 pm

... but wait, there's more! m0rgg has recently made a breakthrough that reduces the head tracking jitter and improves performance. So, stay tuned!

d3rt13n
Cadet 4th Class

Post by d3rt13n » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:56 pm

Impressive,

I will wait a little longer for that patch then, before i go balls deep into the main story and its two additional addon campaigns.

great!

blue_max
XWAU Member

Post by blue_max » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:42 pm

d3rt13n wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:56 pm
I will wait a little longer for that patch then
The patch is out now. Go to the downloads section to get it. You should see that the positional tracking in VR is much better now, thanks to m0rgg

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:03 am

Thanks M0rgg and Blue! I don't have VR headgear yet, but we appreciate your time and help with this.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.