two installs, xwau and tftc

A forum for the TIE Fighter Total Conversion Project (TFTC). Here you can find out news, updates, FAQs or just ask questions about the project.

Moderators: AngeI, Bman

two installs, xwau and tftc

PunkFriday
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by PunkFriday » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:51 pm

so what's the best practice for having two installs, one for the megapatch and the other for tie fighter? i know you can switch but it seems to wipe my pilots and then there's the 5.5 that isnt compatible with tftc. also, thanks for all the hard work everyone!

Forceflow
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Forceflow » Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:22 am

It shouldn't wipe the pilot, 8f that happens then there is something else happening. As for having two installs, the best way to have this is to install the game and patch it to whatever level you want. (In this case do one install up to TFTC 1.2 which includes Patch 5) set the game to TFTC via Palpatine and then copy that whole folder over to something else (X-Wing Alliance TFTC for example) and then install patch 5.5. (That will still use the original install folder)
Then you can launch the game directly via the xwingalliance.exe in the respective folders. If you need to configure anything via Babu Frik for your TFTC install you'll best rename the original folder to maybe X-Wing Alliance XWAU and name the TFTC back to the original then start Babu Frik. (As far as I remember Babu Frik will only modify the settings for the game in the original install folder)
Murphy was an optimist! I am a pessimist!
And always remember that a smile is cheaper than a bullet! (District 9)
Webmaster of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project

PunkFriday
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by PunkFriday » Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:14 pm

excellent, thank you