Disabling Mouse Look in the Cockpit?

A forum for the TIE Fighter Total Conversion Project (TFTC). Here you can find out news, updates, FAQs or just ask questions about the project.

Moderators: AngeI, Bman

Disabling Mouse Look in the Cockpit?

Mithel2813
Recruit

Post by Mithel2813 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:32 pm

I love what you guys have done with the cockpits of the various fighters. However, I keep my right hand on my joystick and my left hand on my keyboard while flying a mission, and if I accidentally bump my mouse (to the right of my joystick on my desk), my view of my cockpit moves slightly out of alignment, which requires me to reach for the mouse to correct it, or possibly sacrifice my ability to see some of my instruments if my situation is too dangerous to take my hand off the stick.

Is there a way to lock my view of the cockpit, so that the mouse cannot move the view? The immersion of being able to look around the cockpit is awesome, but without growing a second right arm, I find it complicates the game too much for me.

I did spend 20 minutes googling this and another 10 minutes searching these forums, but it's possible I missed something. My apologies if my question has already been answered elsewhere. Any help is appreciated.

Calmputer
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Calmputer » Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:35 pm

Scroll-lock will enable/disable mouse-look in the cockpit.

odd that yours is enabled by default. my is always off by default when I start the game.