YOGEME by JaggedFel

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Yogeme and super backdrops.

batuta
Cadet 1st Class

Post by batuta » Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:07 am

Hello and happy ne year, after instalation of megaptach update i cant use super backdrops, the options is not clickeable.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:18 am

batuta wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:07 am
Hello and happy ne year, after instalation of megaptach update i cant use super backdrops, the options is not clickeable.
Moved to the proper topic. Yogeme is not a XWAU program so read this topic. Thanks
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:58 pm

Hi @JaggedFel. I'm having an issue which messed up a mission for me.
Unless I'm mistaken the "xwau" Rebel Platform is backwards in the map wireframe view.
The landing platform at the front is showing on the wrong side in the map.
You can see this easiest in Mission 1B4M5B

Random Starfighter
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Random Starfighter » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:01 pm

I worked on the wireframe implementation, so I'll try to take this one.

I see the issue in the mission. The platform has no waypoint, and the flightgroup was given a specific rotation to flip it around. I have a solution in mind, but will need to check whether it affects the other games in the series before making any specific changes to the map's rotation code.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:14 am

Okay, I'll let you have a go before I poke at it too much.
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor v1.15.6
Current software WIPs: TIE Layout and Cutscene Editor, TIE/XvT Cockpit Editor
Libraries / Format specs: *.tie, *.plt, *.tfr, *.lfd , *.act, *.dat image files, *.fnt

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:23 pm

Random Starfighter wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:01 pm
I worked on the wireframe implementation, so I'll try to take this one.

I see the issue in the mission. The platform has no waypoint, and the flightgroup was given a specific rotation to flip it around. I have a solution in mind, but will need to check whether it affects the other games in the series before making any specific changes to the map's rotation code.
I see what you mean now. Thanks for the explanation. :)

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Thu May 20, 2021 11:52 pm

Update posted, has the map wireframe fix, hook dialog has been completely redone and added S-Foils, Skins and Shield hook support, couple other little things.
Libraries / Format specs: *.tie, *.plt, *.tfr, *.lfd , *.act, *.dat image files, *.fnt

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:45 pm

For anyone who's had their AV software flag the Uninstall utility, please try the 1.11.1 r2 release and let me know if that solves the alerts. I rebuilt it and removed an unused "nuclear" delete function that might've been what the scanners were cranky about.

the_stag
Rebel Alliance

Post by the_stag » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:06 pm

I had that problem with my BitDefender Enterprise. I've copied the new files over and scanned them without issue.

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:40 am

Great. Thx!
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:45 pm

JaggedFel wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:45 pm
Snip
I really like the Hook Assignment options menu in recent versions :)
I do think the whole pop up screen could be bigger though.
The sections like Object and Hangars the text area showing Flightmodels\ etc gets cut off and you can't see the whole line.
A bit more spacing in some of the different sections would be great. Nice work though

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:23 pm

Ace Antilles wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:45 pm
I really like the Hook Assignment options menu in recent versions :)
I do think the whole pop up screen could be bigger though.
The sections like Object and Hangars the text area showing Flightmodels\ etc gets cut off and you can't see the whole line.
A bit more spacing in some of the different sections would be great. Nice work though
Objects is easy, Hangars definitely would require making the whole thing bigger as that's pretty packed. Are there any other specific fields that frequently tend to get cut off? I'll certainly try to lengthen everything, but if there's common entries that are just long I'll add them to the list to pay attention to.

I have the most recent Mission_TIE updates and craft percents on my to-do list, too.

the_stag
Rebel Alliance

Post by the_stag » Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:49 am

It looks like my BitDefender Enterprise is flagging both 1.11.1r2 and the 1.11.2 uninstall files as malware again. Fortunately I managethe BDE cloud for the company, so nobody has to know about my questionable security practices. :D
Here's the security output if anyone's interested:
On-Access scanning has detected a threat. The file has been deleted.C:\Games\PC\XWA\YOGEME_v1.11.2\Uninstall.exe is malware of type Trojan.GenericKD.47198408

Traffic Scan has detected a threat. Access to a webpage has been denied.github-releases.githubusercontent.com/2902625/443a291a-37bf-4a5f-89b1-91666e5ff50e?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=AKIAIWNJYAX4CSVEH53A%2F20211101%2Fus-east-1%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20211101T044019Z&X-Amz-Expires=300&X-Amz-Signature=318339d5fee51537b5d4aef6cae0505b2f0a54b01def8c2689c05cf973889c54&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&actor_id=0&key_id=0&repo_id=2902625&response-content-disposition=attachment%3B%20filename%3DYOGEME_v1.11.2.zip&response-content-type=application%2Foctet-stream contains malware of type Trojan.GenericKD.47198408

Let me know if I can be of any other help.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:59 am

Yeah, I don't know why it's flagging that. I rebuilt it not too long ago to it'd use a newer compiler since it was from 10 years ago, hoping that'd fix it but while seemingly better, it's obviously not enough. It's functionally 25 lines, to read the install.log file and remove anything that came with the download, then self-destruct.

Thankfully it's not anything functionally important, I suppose I could just not ship that anymore, which would just leave some AppData files behind if you remove YOGEME by simply deleting the directory.

the_stag
Rebel Alliance

Post by the_stag » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:26 pm

My appdata folder only has a setting.dat file. Can that file (and others if they exist?) be in the same folder (or sub-folder) YOGEME is running in? Effectively making it "portable" and eliminating the need for an uninstaller.

Or, like you said, just get rid of the uninstaller and include an uninstall document detailing what needs to be deleted.

Bman
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Bman » Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:12 am

Norton & ZoneAlarm are also still flagging the uninstall file. Agree. Might be easier to just use a portable self-extracting .zip (folder) with the stand alone Yogeme.exe, all files, and an .ini file where you first manually browse a path to where your current XWA/missions folder is. Like the way AlliED does it's folder-preferences.
W-I-P: TFTC, MC Viscount Cr., ISD-II Avenger, NL-1 Platform, Ton-Falk Esc. Cr., & Misc.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:13 pm

JaggedFel wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:59 am
Hi @JaggedFel. I found a conflict between Yogeme and Allied. Hopefully you can clear up which is correct, but it looks like AlliED is.

There seems to an extra Status option in the list that Allied doesn't have. So it means they both show different results.
In Allied Status.txt I have:

Code: Select all

Not Inspected
Already Inspected
Already Identified
In Yogeme it shows:

Code: Select all

Not Inspected
Not Identified
Inspected
Identified
So it has a extra line Not Identified which isn't in AlliED.
From recent changes I made and testing it looks like AlliED was working correctly.
Hope that makes sense and helps. Thanks :)

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:38 pm

So it does. Jeez, wonder how long that's been there.

Thanks,

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:33 pm

@Ace Antilles, Platform.dll has been updated to remove the extra entry, drop that into the /bin folder and you should be all set.

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:15 pm

@JaggedFel are there any plans to have multiple flight group selection or being able to undock/expand the flight group listing? I also notice when scrolling the flight group list causes this sort of 'looping' animation effect.

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:41 pm

@Jagged Fel have to ask about one thing that Allied have that YogeMe don't have right now.

In Allied, messages that are NOT sent to anyone are greyed as a way to show them as not sent to anyone, while in YOGEME they are shown as the color they were configured in.

Any chance of you replicating the Allied behavior ? (It's useful to see messages that are dummied out or only used as conditionnals)
Rookie One, is that you?? - Ru Merleen, Rebel Spy at Imdaar Alpha
Current Holder of the Frying Pan of Death

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:26 pm

JaggedFel wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:33 pm
@Ace Antilles, Platform.dll has been updated to remove the extra entry, drop that into the /bin folder and you should be all set.
Seems to work fine. Thanks for the fix :)

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:07 am

AngeI wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:15 pm
@JaggedFel are there any plans to have multiple flight group selection or being able to undock/expand the flight group listing? I also notice when scrolling the flight group list causes this sort of 'looping' animation effect.
Multi-select is on the to-do list and has been for a while, though I don't know how I'd implement it given the complexity of what a FG is/contains and all the potential ways something can break. No intention of undocking anything, not sure what you intend by "expand". That looping effect bugs the heck out of me too but I've never been able to knock it out and it's been a while since I've tried. It has to do with the way items are colored in the list vs how the GUI refreshes when making large steps; it didn't happen when there weren't any colors, and it doesn't happen when using the arrows or dragging the scroll bar.
Rookie_One1 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:41 pm
@Jagged Fel have to ask about one thing that Allied have that Yogeme don't have right now.

In Allied, messages that are NOT sent to anyone are greyed as a way to show them as not sent to anyone, while in YOGEME they are shown as the color they were configured in.

Any chance of you replicating the Allied behavior ? (It's useful to see messages that are dummied out or only used as conditionnals)
That one shouldn't be too bad to do, I'll add it to the list.

Random Starfighter
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Random Starfighter » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:14 am

The scrolling loop thing bothered me too. My own attempts at fixing it in code have been fruitless. It's related to the Windows smooth-scrolling feature. There is a workaround to disable smooth-scrolling, but it's a global Windows setting.

Open Advanced System Settings:
Run SystemPropertiesAdvanced.exe. Or go to Control Panel, open System settings. Or in Windows Settings, go to About (in the right side pane, you should see a link there).

In Advanced System Settings, in the Advanced tab, under the Performance section, click Settings.

In the Visual Effects tab, at the bottom, uncheck "Smooth-scroll list boxes"

Click Apply and OK.

EDIT: There does seem to be a code solution after all. I changed the ListBox DrawMode from OwnerDrawVariable to OwnerDrawFixed and that seems to have solved it on my end. Smooth-scrolling still works fine, it stops the looping flicker effect. However the scrolling animation is pretty slow. Personally I'm keeping smooth-scrolling disabled, it keeps it nice and fast.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:46 am

Random Starfighter wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:14 am
EDIT: There does seem to be a code solution after all. I changed the ListBox DrawMode from OwnerDrawVariable to OwnerDrawFixed and that seems to have solved it on my end. Smooth-scrolling still works fine, it stops the looping flicker effect. However the scrolling animation is pretty slow. Personally I'm keeping smooth-scrolling disabled, it keeps it nice and fast.
Wish I would've found that a long time ago, that's a lot simpler solution than I kept trying. I don't mind the little bit of "stickiness" near the start/stop of the scroll, but at least the loop effect is gone. This'll be rolled into all of the list boxes for the next update.