YOGEME by JaggedFel

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Re: YOGEME by JaggedFel

Random Starfighter
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Random Starfighter » Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:31 am

JaggedFel wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:46 am
Wish I would've found that a long time ago, that's a lot simpler solution than I kept trying. I don't mind the little bit of "stickiness" near the start/stop of the scroll, but at least the loop effect is gone. This'll be rolled into all of the list boxes for the next update.
Yeah, me too. I thought something was wrong with the drawing logic, if something was slowing it down, or if there was some weird property that would change the scrolling logic of the control or underlying form. So I kept trying different things, and nothing worked. After a lot of searching about form control scrolling issues, I found a comment somewhere about the DrawMode.

Anyway I'm currently working on a solution to multi-select. It's actually not that bad, but going through the code, making all the tweaks, and testing to make sure it's working correctly, is a time-consuming process. There's so many properties, especially in XvT/XWA. Everything is a mess right now, but I'm trying to simplify it as much as possible before implementing it for all platforms. Could be another couple weeks before everything is finished.

Rookie_One1
Rebel Alliance

Post by Rookie_One1 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:56 pm

JaggedFel wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:07 am
That one shouldn't be too bad to do, I'll add it to the list.
Rookie One, is that you?? - Ru Merleen, Rebel Spy at Imdaar Alpha
Current Holder of the Frying Pan of Death

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:01 pm

Posted 1.12, has the fixed list scrolling, grayed out messages, couple other little things. Multi-select for XvT is done thanks to Random, and I've added a Tour editor for X-wing like the Battle/LST editors.
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor v1.12
Current software WIPs: TIE Layout and Cutscene Editor, TIE/XvT Cockpit Editor
Libraries / Format specs: *.tie, *.plt, *.tfr, *.lfd , *.act, *.dat image files, *.fnt

AngeI
Ensign

Post by AngeI » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:17 pm

JaggedFel wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:01 pm
Posted 1.12, has the fixed list scrolling, grayed out messages, couple other little things. Multi-select for XvT is done thanks to Random, and I've added a Tour editor for X-wing like the Battle/LST editors.
Hurrah, thank you.

I have one possible request, the Map Briefing creation is still one of the most tedious aspects for me in mission making, in particular being able to multi select a line of instructions and give them identical parameters of some sort. For example if I want to set an a ship/station icon, along with its rotation and position, I have to select each instruction individually and set its icon numbers when I wish I could just select all 3 and select their icon number. Would this be possible? It would certainly cut down on some of the instruction tedium. I guess this goes hand in hand with being able to select multiple FGs in the FG list.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:24 am

Once work on the XWA portion of multi-select gets going we can look into making it possible in the briefing as well.
Libraries / Format specs: *.tie, *.plt, *.tfr, *.lfd , *.act, *.dat image files, *.fnt

Random Starfighter
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Random Starfighter » Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:53 am

I have multi-select done for all platforms, just needs another round of testing and double checking the code before it's ready. Should be done soon.

A complete revamp of the formations browser is also almost done too.

Multi-select for briefings was actually something I was working on a long time ago. I never pushed the changes, but I think I still have it stashed somewhere. It was part of a larger theme that included other quality-of-life improvements and features for the visual editor. I'll revisit that after FG multi-select is done.

AngeI
Ensign

Post by AngeI » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:30 am

Awesome stuff, look forward to it :)

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:24 pm

Random Starfighter wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:53 am
A complete revamp of the formations browser is also almost done too.
In the revamp, did you happen to look at the X-wing formations? That was the main reason I finally did the Tour Editor, so I could start testing that easier.

AngeI
Ensign

Post by AngeI » Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:30 pm

Might there a way to show formations on the map itself? A toggle feature for example to save on frames or just when you need it to understand positioning of multiple ships in a FG relative to other flight groups or how things might look in a mission.

Random Starfighter
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Random Starfighter » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:32 pm

JaggedFel wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:24 pm
In the revamp, did you happen to look at the X-wing formations? That was the main reason I finally did the Tour Editor, so I could start testing that easier.
No, I didn't see that issue. I knew the XW formations were problematic, especially since the browser displayed the TIE formations instead of XW. When revamping the browser, I extracted the formation tables directly from the executables (Xwing95.exe, Tie95.exe, z_xvt__.exe, XwingAlliance.exe). Now it dynamically draws the icons similar to how the map screen does, using authentic data. Which seems to be the best option, because all the games are different in subtle ways, whether the formation data itself, or how they behave exiting or entering hangars. And since it uses real data, it can even handle overflows if more than 6 craft.
AngeI wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:30 pm
Might there a way to show formations in the map itself? A toggle feature for example to save on frames or just when you need it to understand positioning of multiple ships in a FG relative to other flight groups or how things might look in a mission.
I thought about such a feature when I last worked on revamping the map, but it was beyond my goals at the time, especially when handling multiple game platforms. In order to properly display the formations, extra data is needed. Every craft has their own spacing, and spacing is sometimes also adjusted based on ship class. Currently, YOGEME is only set up to extract craft data from XWA. Now that the formation tables are extracted, it might be possible to include that feature for XWA.

AngeI
Ensign

Post by AngeI » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:23 am

Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:32 pm

I thought about such a feature when I last worked on revamping the map, but it was beyond my goals at the time, especially when handling multiple game platforms. In order to properly display the formations, extra data is needed. Every craft has their own spacing, and spacing is sometimes also adjusted based on ship class. Currently, YOGEME is only set up to extract craft data from XWA. Now that the formation tables are extracted, it might be possible to include that feature for XWA.
This would be most useful if it can be done, in particular the asteroid chase mission I've been designing, I'm using asteroid groups of 3, but it makes placement extremely difficult to determine because I can only see 1 asteroid field in the map, not all 3, so I have to basically guess and load the game up to see how it looks.

Random Starfighter
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Random Starfighter » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:16 am

AngeI wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:23 am
This would be most useful if it can be done, in particular the asteroid chase mission I've been designing, I'm using asteroid groups of 3, but it makes placement extremely difficult to determine because I can only see 1 asteroid field in the map, not all 3, so I have to basically guess and load the game up to see how it looks.
Hmm... asteroids don't use formations, they're spawned in randomized locations around their start point. Even their spawned types are random. I suppose I could try replicating the random number generator algorithm they use. Maybe it could work?

AngeI
Ensign

Post by AngeI » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:56 am

Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:16 am
AngeI wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:23 am
Hmm... asteroids don't use formations, they're spawned in randomized locations around their start point. Even their spawned types are random. I suppose I could try replicating the random number generator algorithm they use. Maybe it could work?
I should clarify the asteroid field OPT I'm using is a custom one used in a shipslot so it's treated like a normal flight group. This way I could control the creation of the field I was making.