[Guide/Research] XWAUP/DSUCP v1.6 on Linux

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Re: [Guide/Research] XWAUP/DSUCP v1.6 on Linux

jsnprtr
Recruit

Post by jsnprtr » Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:20 am

Hello pilots!

I've been trying to install XWAU on my linux machine (Manjaro 21.2.5) on my Steam install.

I came across this post and managed to follow most of the instructions from @darknils and @maywind.

I've installed dotnet 4.6.1 in my wine prefix, but that's as far as I can get.

I'm having trouble when it comes to installing XWA Upgrade 2020 - I'm using the latest .exe from the Downloads page on this site and it does not want to work.

Log message here: https://pastebin.com/YrwnJ0AF

Interestingly, XWAUCP_v1.6 does seem to work and the game runs.

Any help you could give would be much appreciated!

Thank you.

Impi
Recruit

Post by Impi » Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:51 am

jsnprtr wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:20 am
I'm having trouble when it comes to installing XWA Upgrade 2020 - I'm using the latest .exe from the Downloads page on this site and it does not want to work.

Log message here: https://pastebin.com/YrwnJ0AF
Installing dotnet48 made the installer work for me. Now I just have to make the game run with the latest ddraw.dll.

Cpt. Spaulding
Cadet 3rd Class

Post by Cpt. Spaulding » Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:28 pm

Hi all,
I followed the steps of the here mentioned installation tips for Linux, but i have the problem that i have dotnet48 installed via wineprefix successfully, but the installer of the XWA 2020 Mega-pack still closes after the first little Preview window.
Have bought the GOG version to maybe make it easier for using on Linux, but still have no success. Using Ubuntu 22.04 and Wine 7.0.1.
Has anyone a hint what i can do ? Thank you very much in advance.