YOGEME by JaggedFel

Want to edit the game, build your own craft and missions? Here you'll find help, tools, guides and people to discuss with.

Re: YOGEME by JaggedFel

marcop000
Cadet 1st Class

Post by marcop000 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:21 pm

hi, @JaggedFel a question: for your opinion is possible increase the number of chars on inflight messages on YOGEME ? Actually are only 70 chars. I have asked to @RandomStarfighter and he confirmed is possible at game side but the still the limit in the tie mission file. Do you known if is possible extend this limit on YOGEME to 90-100 chars for example ?

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:40 pm

Extending the limit on my end is easy, but the file format is the limiting factor as there's only so much space for text. The limit is 64 for TIE/XvT/XWA, but for XWA there's physically space for 80 though no vanilla XWA missions use messages with the "extra" characters. I don't know offhand if XWA would even read the extras, would have to test that in-game.
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor v1.15.6
Current software WIPs: TIE Layout and Cutscene Editor, TIE/XvT Cockpit Editor
Libraries / Format specs: *.tie, *.plt, *.tfr, *.lfd , *.act, *.dat image files, *.fnt

marcop000
Cadet 1st Class

Post by marcop000 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:49 pm

I plan to translate TFTC in German, French, Italian and Spanish that typically are longer then English. 80 chars will be a good improvement if is possible.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:30 pm

So I just tested it, and XWA will read 68 characters and then ignore anything else. Not much of an improvement.
Libraries / Format specs: *.tie, *.plt, *.tfr, *.lfd , *.act, *.dat image files, *.fnt

marcop000
Cadet 1st Class

Post by marcop000 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:03 pm

JaggedFel wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:30 pm
So I just tested it, and XWA will read 68 characters and then ignore anything else. Not much of an improvement.
Youi have right, @RandomStarfighter has work on experimental hook on XWA to read more chars. So if is possible extend the number of chars on mission tie format, he can extend the number of chars.

Here the discussion on discord:
https://discord.com/channels/8519185394 ... 1796760576
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:59 pm

If a hook is used to patch something so we can use longer text, then sure I can look into implementing that.

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:23 pm

@Jagged Fel small(?) request:
Right now, when you start YOGEME, you first get the dialogue to choose a platform.
Would it be possible to add an option "Load last saved mission"? Right now, with TFTC installed, the Missions folder is filled to the brim with files and I end up scrolling alot before getting to the mission I want to edit.

Also, could the "Sure you want to quit" be called only if recent changes haven't been saved?

Both these changes would greatly improve the workflow.
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:20 pm

Vince T wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:23 pm
Would it be possible to add an option "Load last saved mission"?
That's already an option, although you have to go the Options dialog to activate it. You can also load directly to last platform. I could add another option to that launch window if you want to keep the choice.
Also, could the "Sure you want to quit" be called only if recent changes haven't been saved?
That certainly makes more sense. I'll also modify the message text it so it's clear that there's unsaved changes.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:10 am

JaggedFel wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:20 pm
1b3m6b Crashed when I was in the map and I was trying to select region 2.
Ver 1.13.4.33060

I think it's something to do with the INI file.

Code: Select all

[Objects]
FlightModels\Frigate2Standard.opt = FlightModels\Frigate2Medical.opt
FlightModels\Frigate2Carrier.opt = FlightModels\Frigate2Medical.opt
FlightModels\Frigate2Strike.opt = FlightModels\Frigate2Medical.opt

ObjectProfile_fg_15 = Imperial
ObjectProfile_fg_16 = Imperial
ObjectProfile_fg_17 = Imperial
ObjectProfile_fg_18 = Imperial
Crash log

Code: Select all

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Idmr.Yogeme.MapForm.MapPaint()
   at Idmr.Yogeme.MapForm.numRegion_ValueChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.OnValueChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.UpButton()
   at System.Windows.Forms.UpDownBase.UpDownButtons.OnUpDown(UpDownEventArgs upevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UpDownBase.UpDownButtons.BeginButtonPress(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UpDownBase.UpDownButtons.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4515.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
YOGEME
    Assembly Version: 1.13.4.33060
    Win32 Version: 1.13.4.33060
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Games/Games%20Files/X-wing%20Alliance/Editors/YOGEME/YOGEME.exe
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4390.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4488.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Data
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4455.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Idmr.Platform
    Assembly Version: 5.7.2.32752
    Win32 Version: 5.7.2.32752
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Games/Games%20Files/X-wing%20Alliance/Editors/YOGEME/bin/Idmr.Platform.DLL
Idmr.Common
    Assembly Version: 1.3.1.29352
    Win32 Version: 1.3.1.29352
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Games/Games%20Files/X-wing%20Alliance/Editors/YOGEME/bin/Idmr.Common.DLL
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:37 am

@Ace Antilles, get version 1.13.5, I posted that a day or so later and that takes care of the map region crash.

Vince T
Fleet Admiral (Administrator)

Post by Vince T » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:10 am

Ok I‘m feeling like an idiot now, after I realized that in fact both my requests could be toggled on/off via the Options tab.

So, yeah … move along! Move along!
Your ship, Captain. I need a drink. - Vince Trageton
Vince T's X-Wing HQ - where the bad guys get their gear

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:52 am

1.13.6 posted, add an option on the launcher for Last Mission, adds the extra 4 characters for XWA messages, and adds the "Shift All" checkbox for briefing events.

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:55 am

Awesome work, thank you :)

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:41 pm

@JaggedFel found a visual bug in the map briefing. When adding a Text Tag, if you change the number of the tag while adding it, it creates a duplicate on the map (which it shouldn't) but no duplicate is in the event list.
bug1.jpg
bug2.jpg
Also separate question, is there any progress on being able to select multiple events to change stats? Most commonly I like to make sure icons are in good alignment with each other if mirrored in some fashsion so I can say x number of events all line up on X coords -200 for example.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:01 pm

Alright, that should be simple enough to fix.

Haven't gotten to the events yet, been working on the hyper exit when I have the time which is about half done. These last few things were quickies so I can whip those out when I have a few minutes to myself. Summer, so more family at the house than usual.

Ace Antilles
Admiral (Moderator)

Post by Ace Antilles » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:12 pm

JaggedFel wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:52 am
1.13.6 posted, add an option on the launcher for Last Mission, adds the extra 4 characters for XWA messages, and adds the "Shift All" checkbox for briefing events.
I just put on 1.13.5! :shock: :lachtot: It's good to see constant progress though
Chief XWAU Team annoying nitpicker.
Ace Antilles - The X-Wing Outpost

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:40 am

@JaggedFel another minor bug found. When doing a mission check, it will say 'X Flight group has no orders' but it has orders on Regions 2, 3 or 4. It seems this check only looks at Region 1 if it has orders or not regardless if orders are present in other regions. I'm also not sure 'X Flight group has basic AI' should be a possible error as there are several missions where this is intentional.

Finally the '*More than 96 craft. Ensure not all exist in the same region concurrently' is not relevant if you have the appropriate hook to bypass this number. Can Yogeme detect if the hook is present here and not show this?

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:23 am

That check is done via an external program that YOGEME launches that I wrote for the GE before the hooks existed, and was created more for a sanity check of "is this submitted mission so broken I shouldn't bother testing it" versus a complete verification of the mission.

Orders, it should be checking all Regions, will definitely fix if that's not the case.
Basic AI, that's more of a note and not a failure condition, since yes there's a lot of times where that's valid.
The utility itself is rather lightweight, doesn't need XWA installed so it'll be completely blind to the hooks.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:03 am

@AngeI, so what it's doing is checking Order 1 in whatever region SP1 is located in, wherever that may be. If it's a craft type that normally doesn't take orders (containers, buoys, etc) then the message is omitted. I'll update that to instead check all 16 orders, since the use of Skip triggers could result in a case where all O1's are blank, but something kickstarts the craft.

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:45 am

JaggedFel wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:03 am
@AngeI, so what it's doing is checking Order 1 in whatever region SP1 is located in, wherever that may be. If it's a craft type that normally doesn't take orders (containers, buoys, etc) then the message is omitted. I'll update that to instead check all 16 orders, since the use of Skip triggers could result in a case where all O1's are blank, but something kickstarts the craft.
Sounds good, thanks :)

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:20 am

Grab the 2.2 release of MissionVerify, drop the EXE into the YOGEME directory and that'll do it. Future YOGEME releases will have the update packaged with it.

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:44 am

JaggedFel wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:20 am
Grab the 2.2 release of MissionVerify, drop the EXE into the YOGEME directory and that'll do it. Future YOGEME releases will have the update packaged with it.
Thank you! :)

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:49 am

@JaggedFel another bug I've started to notice, when I copy paste waypoints across flight groups to create a standard layout where I can then start modifying per FG, I notice that when I start modifying the waypoints, it changes it for every single flight group I copy/pasted it to, even though they are not selected. Restarting Yogeme seems to fix it.

Also when using GU numbering, I noticed in the FG list it does not show the craft number unless there are multiple flight groups under the same GU. Its a minor thing but its something I like to see what number a flight group starts on.

Finally, are you still planning to add a checkbox on the map to toggle wireframes on and off for performance? Its much easier to manipulate the map this way when I want to zoom in and out or move things without having to go into the options to turn the wireframes off.

JaggedFel
Galactic Empire

Post by JaggedFel » Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:55 am

AngeI wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:49 am
@JaggedFel another bug I've started to notice, when I copy paste waypoints across flight groups to create a standard layout where I can then start modifying per FG, I notice that when I start modifying the waypoints, it changes it for every single flight group I copy/pasted it to, even though they are not selected. Restarting Yogeme seems to fix it.
Alright, I have an idea why that's happening, will dig in to fix.
Also when using GU numbering, I noticed in the FG list it does not show the craft number unless there are multiple flight groups under the same GU. Its a minor thing but its something I like to see what number a flight group starts on.
The craft number shown is based on the ship type and name, not GU. If they're the same, then they're treated as the same FG in the list, GU not needed.
Finally, are you still planning to add a checkbox on the map to toggle wireframes on and off for performance? Its much easier to manipulate the map this way when I want to zoom in and out or move things without having to go into the options to turn the wireframes off.
Added this one back in March, in the upper left next to the "Help" button. There's a second one next to it to toggle wireframes for small craft.

AngeI
Lieutenant JG

Post by AngeI » Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:48 pm

JaggedFel wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:55 am
Added this one back in March, in the upper left next to the "Help" button. There's a second one next to it to toggle wireframes for small craft.
Oops, completely missed this. Thanks! :D

Another question though, when Wireframes are off, it shows any new ships as an X, presumably because there is no icon file for it. Where is this determined considering the briefing works fine with new icons?